• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newbee with startup troubles

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wdeep4

I'm just getting started with folding this morning for the first time. I tried to get 2 clients running at the same time (I have a P4 hyper thingie). But my rig keeps freezing up after running 15 - 30 seconds. So at the moment, I backed up to just 1 client and for the first few minutes, things seem to be ok... Comments? Suggestions? Thanks.

are you overclocked?
if you are just bring it down a bit and make sure to test with stresscpu and prime 95.

BKPBS said:
are you overclocked?
if you are just bring it down a bit and make sure to test with stresscpu and prime 95.

Yes. But the o/c is only 10 percent. I already tried bumping up vcore, but it didn't help. I'll try what you suggested after my next boot. 10 percent should be a walk in the park. I haven't had any other real problems until now. Oh, well. Maybe this particular chip just sucks... :cry:

I have a dirt cheap pos Celeron that does a 25 percent o/c stable as granite with a stock hs/fan. Go figure...

Xenocide, read the first post bro, it says he has a P4 with Hyper Threading and taht his Celeron rig is stable as a rock with a 25 percent OC whereas his P4 isn't.

As stated before, test out your configuration with Prime95 and memtest and make sure that your hyper threading is activated and so on; however, I also think there are some stability issues.

OK, I dropped the FSB back just a bit and cranked up 2 clients again. Let's see what happens...

You're not using the graphical client are you? You have to use the console client. Just uninstall what you currently have and run the dually one-click

Loud said:
Have you also added the -LOCAL flag to both clients? ... and installed them in different directories?

I didn't know about the local flag. But they are in different directories. I'll try that.

Andyman902042 said:
You're not using the graphical client are you? You have to use the console client. Just uninstall what you currently have and run the dually one-click

If I'm not mistaken, I'm using the "console" client. Didn't know about the one click thing. I just did the whole install twice, into each of two different folders.

Ok, I just deleted everything I had and then re-installed using the OC-NOADV-Dually installer. Was that the right thing to do? Will I also have to make any registry changes?

stan03 said:
are you stable now?

Me or my pc? lol

Sorry, I just thought that was a little funny.

Yes, sort of. I've had one client running for a few hours now with no problems. But I haven't tried two at the same time again yet. Was going to wait until later before I went to bed. I'll keep you posted!

Back