• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does 3D Mark truly show what AMD 64bits can do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ScarfaceFX

i just ran 3d mark 2001 & 2003 and it shows in my details tab for my CPU = AMD Unknown @ 1997 MHz when i have my AMD 64bit 2800+ overclocked to 3000+ speeds ,and my computer shows me that my CPU is at 2.0Ghz. any ideas ? or 3d mark dont recognize AMD 64s ?

as far as the varying cpu speeds

clocks fluctuate

you fsb and everything is what Im assuming your reading off of. if you use cpu-z when t checks your clock it will be a few mhz lower or higher. plus the programs that check your speed can be off

3D 01 does not recognize the A64. you will get different rusults depending on your motherboard. SOme say unknown like yours, others call it a duron, or athlon. 3D 03 however should recognize the CPU properly as an athlon 64 if you are using the 330 patch.

It also seems to put in some wacky figures for the front side bus. I wouldn't really bother with what its reading. The CPU clock speed usually is a couple of MHz off.

just out of couriousity does anybody know exactly why the cpu clock very's by one or two mhz?

I always guessed that it was because the voltage being supplied wasn't completely regular. but if anyone knows more please share

Back