• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I'm overclocked once again!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

now, first off, i cannot remember my steppings for my CPU for the life of me, i know i had them written down, and posted them somewhere around here, i know it was an IQYHA, and i THINK it was like 0352, something close to that, i know it was a high week number, of year 03.

its an AMD XP Mobile 2600+

Before, i could not hit over 230FSB at all! i had trouble staying at 225!

i did some testing, ran my computer at 240 FSB, with my ram divider at 4:3, and i ran stable. found out it was my ram. couldn't figure out why i couldn't OC at all.

so, i tried one thing. i moved my Stick of ram from slot #3 to slot #1.

worked PERFECTLY. i'm now at 250 x 10.5

Ram Timings are 2.5,3,311. i cannot get my CAS at 2 at all, but oh well i guess. going to try some tighter timings a bit later.

my CPU is running at 1.9 volts ( MBM5, and all other programs read it at 1.85 volts )

RAM is running at 3.1 volts. i have a fan rigged up, to blow directly on the ram. my ram is running niiiice and cool too. with my computer on, i can't feel any heat on the ram at all when i touch it now.

My setup is all in my sig. i have to say, i love this mobo, this ram, and this processor.

Did changing the ram from slot 3 to slot 1 make the ram run in single channel mode rather then dual channel mode?

That has been known to give a big boost to fsb.

i'm not fully sure if its running in Dual mode or not.

now when i had an extra stick of ram in my comptuer, in slot #2 with my current ram in slot #1, dual channel was on, i know this, because it said so, when the bios posts, it said " Dual Channel Enabled "

but it doesn't say it now, so i'm assuming dual channel is off.

Back