• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Show off your System :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dont have any pics as of now (parents took camera on vacation with them)
but as far as specs go i have that.
reciever: PHILIPS FR-963 5.1 reciever
center: PIONEER S-CR400-K
front: YAMAHA NS-6490
rear: some speakers from an aiwa stereo
sub: SONY SA-WM500
it isnt the best setup in the world but it isnt too expensive either
i started with a philips HTIAB and have upgraded everything except the reciever, so far

where is your system?
i wanna see it, im sure it is alot better than mine

~Magick_Man~

Audigy 2 Platinum w/ hacked Audigy 2 ZS drivers
Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 (second generation, not the V2-400's).

I know... whoop-de-do: a high-end multimedia desktop set of speakers and mid-range soundcard.

The speakers will be replaced by an HK 525/530 Amp & HK/Infinity 5.1/6.1 setup within 12-24 months from now. :)

smalldesklight.jpg

Receiver: JBL DCR600II 5.1
Fronts & Rear: HK B 6 bookshelf speakers
Rear floorstanding: WARD
Rear subwoofer: Telex EV sonic (taken from EV Sonic set)
Front subwoofer: JL 12W3

(i do not have a center due to space limitations. i have a VERY packed desk. yes, i will be taking pictures soon. i just need to clean it up first.)

Only have a few year old pics of the PA and Jam-Room BEFORE we remodeled it... I can't BELIEVE I found these! I thought I lost them.

The Roland VS-2480 64Input Digital Mixer/ 24 Track HD recorder. Portable, so I track with it, and later export WAVE files to my PC and do mixdowns with Nuendo and Waves/VST/PSP plugins at home. Those are "Flying Faders", and the 16 faders actually control 4 "Layers" of 16 channel banks (64 total channels w/Fader recall!)
NewPics001.jpg

"Cheapo" Behringer 48x8x2 Mixing Console (It works for the jam room - I wouldn't DREAM of doing critical recording throught it - too noisy! Only $800 off eBay!
NewPics047.jpg

2000 Watt Amp Rack (2x CS800x, 1x RMX-1850HD) and Subs (2X JBL 18" in 32Hz tuned enclosures) with "Right Main" SP-2Ti on top (This is RIGHT behind my drums)
NewPics052.jpg

Close up of the JBL subs. These are DIRECT descendants of the ProSound driver with the 4" Coil and VGC cooling, with a VAS tuned more for 6 CuFt enclosures (Opposed to the 10-12CuFt for the "Concert Sound" version) Oh yeah - 4 Ohms for 600WRMS PER driver (headroom baby!) I built the sub enclosures, and sealed with Epoxy Paint for out-door use.
NewPics056.jpg

Effects Rack MINUS some Alesis effects, and TC Electronics Dymanics processwor
NewPics055.jpg

And - My babies. This is what I live for. 6Pc Tama ArtstarII Maple red stained kit and combo of Zildijan "Avedis", "K Custom", and Sabian AA cymbals. I spend about 10 Hours a week in that seat! Not all mics are set up here., and I currently have coated heads on her... This IS my "Sound Source"
NewPics060.jpg

I'll see what I can do on getin some more "Show off" pics!

Here is a QUICK one of my sub enclosure and dual 10-disc changers in my Tacoma 4X4 V-6 5Speed (built and installed by yours truly):

NewPics013.jpg

Later :cool:

Last edited:
I do like my audio LOUD! I'll see if I can track down a camera (I had to borrow one for these year old pics for Insurance purposes), and snap a few more shots of my HT system. I can have like 4 different audio systems, but not 1 stinking camera!!!

As long as you are LISTENING to music, that is what matters IMO. Does the soul LOADS of good.

SimGuy - VERY clean PC station there, bro!

ZaBomb - I see you are a Car Audio nut too? (JL 12W3 - Nice!) I have a few JL10W0's for "Mid Bass" drivers in my currently "parked" Cherry 1987 4-Runner (I fried the heavily modified 4-banger - 250,000 miles didn't help either). I have 2 Punch "PRO-SERIES" SPP-18"s in there, so the 2 10"s work out LOVELY for 55Hz to 120Hz.

Later. I'm goinn to bed. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

:cool:

I have no pictures, and not a whole lot to show off, but here goes:

Home theater:

Front L&R speakers designed by myself at age 14 for pro audio use. Each has a 15" woofer, 5" mid, and 2x6" horn tweeter and can take about 300 watts long term. Front center speaker is a garage sale special Akai piece of junk I got for $15 Cdn. in 1988. Surrounds are also garage sale specials and not worth mentioning. Receiver is a Kenwood VR-257 pro logic affair with all the sound quality of a brick. I hate these amp on a chip designs, but it was cheap and better than what I had before. Equalization provided by a cheapo noname 10 band EQ. TV is a JVC flatscreen I got a month ago as a temporary measure until I grab a DLP projector next year or so. A Samsung combo deck is the only audio/video source besides the satellite at the moment - my poor old JVC SVHS deck recently died beyond my willingness to repair.

Despite me having to take endless cost cutting measures to get the home theater together, it doesn't sound too bad all things considered. I get a kick out of taking awful audio equipment and making it sound decent. The EQ helps a whole lot - it's not perfect, but the sound quality is good enough I can live with it. Not good enough to keep me from building a 6.1 Adire/Audax speaker setup next year though ;)

Computer:

A 2.1 set of Sony SRS-PC300D speakers. That's it. Hideous, awful sound quality - thank God for the NVidia Soundstorm EQ. Anytime I do anything audio on the computer, I go straight to headphones. Which are not so good themselves (Koss R/80), but far more accurate than the speakers.

Well that's it for my gear - feel free to laugh at my various cost cutting measures ;)

Ive got:

Maudio Audiophile 2496
Technics SADX1050 reciever
DIY cmoy headphone amplifier
Sennhesier HD-600 headphones
Behringer DCX2496 eq/xover
Behringer ep2500 power amplifier
Rear speakers are DIY with 1" dayton silk dome and 8" bravox woofer in a ~1cuft sealed cabinet. Crossover is 2nd order electrical on both woofer and tweeter
Front speakers are DIY with Eminence psd2002 compression driver on a h290 horn flare, woofers are dual Eminence 12" Delta12LFA. Cabinet is ~3 cubic feet tuned to around 35hz. 3mH aircore inductor in series with the lower woofer for full baffle step compensation, and 22uF polypropelene cap in series with the compression driver.
Shure e2c earphones
Monivision 32" tube direct view 16x9 monitor capable of 720p or 1080i.
ampinsides.jpg

speakerem.jpg

Last edited:
Nice "Quasi 3-Way" there, Azz. I love that trick!

Looks like you have some good woodworking skills, too! Is that a JBL horn (w/Emenince small format driver)? Very clean enclosure. Me likes the flared port!

How do you like the Behringer power amps? Just curious. I have some behringer gear that does OK.

I hope we can get along! :cool:

my home theater:
50" Toshiba HDTV
Onkyo TX-SR800 receiver
Paradigm Reference Studio Center
Paradigm Reference Studio 40's (front l+r)
Paradigm Reference Studio ADP (4 for l+r surround and rear surrounds)
SVS 25-31 PCi subwoofer
Panasonic DVD-XP30 dvd player

d4rr3n - Paradigm Reference? WOW! Those are very nice. That Onkyo is nothing to shake a stick at, either. Never heard of the sub, but the specs look fantastic, and cool cylindrical box is nifty. Nice indeed... :cool: I'm gealous!

I know I dont have the "MEGA ULTRA BASS PRODUCING NUCLEAR BRAIN DAMAGE TO YOUR EARS" system but its half way descent. 1 Sherwood Reciever 5.1 100x5, 2 160W Pioneer 2 way speaker and 2 100W 2 Way speaker. Sadly, they don't do too bad of bass and all around quality. I have some pretty good headphones that sound better than my speaker setup, the Sennheiser PC150s :). These things are a lot better than most systemxs ive heard.

First off.... DONT GET harmonkardon for subs.... and havn't heard of the other brand. But, I would recommend Audio Source and Jenson. I have heard them both in action and I would say that the Audio Source subs have REALLY deep bass. My buddy has one and he shakes his house!

Never owned a Velodyne - but heard a few.

I would really say "Listen" to any speaker you are considering (no matter WHAT the price - I even auditioned 5-6 pairs of 2.1 $50 PC speakers, and walked away PLEASED with my $50!). Different strokes for different folks - ya know! What I like may sound like poop to you - you never know!

Size and power are NOT always the final word in subs. Many manufacutrers give "open ended" specs (Like 15Hz to 250Hz). That is fine, but you may be down 20dB at 15Hz with "BS" specs.

Another sub may say "20Hz to 150Hz +/- 3dB", and hit WAY lower than the sub inaccurately rated for "15Hz at -20dB".

Trust your ears. They don't lie, but can pe persueded by your internal procesor's (read that "Your Brain's") preconceptions. Listen with open ears.

:cool:

I think I'm that other forum member. :)

Is there anything in the same price range as that Velodyne that would be a better choice? I'm using two Harman Kardon HKB6's on a Yamaha RX-V393 receiver. Not a ton of power, but good enough for me, especially after those Z-640's. :cool:

Back