• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Urgent Need Help Far Cry

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BRIMCV

Just purchased Far Cry and installed but as i try to run the game but get an errorr "Please insert the correct CD-ROM , select Ok and restart application" have been getting this error with a few games such as NFSU and Call Of Duty, LOTR.

System
Gigabyte 7n 400
AMD 2800+ BARTON
ATI 9200
8X DVD
CD RW
512MB RAM
120GB SEAGATE 7200RPM

do you have the play disc in? disk1..seeing how theres 5 discs maybe u got wrong one in :D

I wonder if for some reason it's defaulting to the CD-RW instead of the DVD-R that installed it off of. Maybe check the registry and see what drive it's pointing to.

i had 2 get a crack to get this to work but its happening all the time but with games such as UT2K4 its ok, v strange why it does this with some games.

If you have Alcohol or similiar drive emulation software installed, that can interfere with FC finding the correct drive.

The copy protections in Far Cry have compatibility issues with a lot of CD/DVD ROM drives. I don't know if either patch addresses these issues or not. I would try to exchange the game for the CD-ROM version and install off of your burner. Also you could wait and see if the 1.2 patch addresses the issue. There's a list of current issues at www.farcry.ubi.com

I've heard (well read) of a lot of people having to install the no-cd versions to even get the game to play without buying a new CD/DVD drive. I guess that's an option too, but there's no guarentee it will compatible with multi-player. Even if it does work with MP, the 1.2 patch might put a stop to that, and by that point you will have had the game too long to exchange it.

If I was you, I would probably go get a refund and wait for D3 or HL2. If by that point you still have to play FC, you'll be able to find it used for $20 or less.

TheGame240 said:
If I was you, I would probably go get a refund and wait for D3 or HL2. If by that point you still have to play FC, you'll be able to find it used for $20 or less.

You know not everyone in the world is just sitting around doing nothing but playing their old games untill those 2 games come out.

This was on my friends computer and i took it to try on mine and the exact same thing happend i dont have any drive emulation on the computers this is really annoying having to get cracks which is not what you want to do.

Its frustrating as when HL2 and D3 come out im in limbo as i dunno if they will or wont work. Its happ with a few EA games and now far cry.

The specs of my comp are identical to my friends although i have GF 4200TI.

If your DVD drive is old it could be a compatibility problem there. You should try to do some searching to see if anyone else had problems with your drive or of there is a list of incompatible drives.

Yeh i got this DVD drive at christmas 03 so i doubt that.My m8 who has the exact same problem got the same repy regd the DVD drive from the store he purchased it from.

Will check the far cry site regd this.

Bashar said:
You know not everyone in the world is just sitting around doing nothing but playing their old games untill those 2 games come out.

My point was that Far Cry is not all it's cracked up to be. Lot of eye candy. But basic game play is: snipe everyone you can, kill the rest, rinse, repeat. There's no sneaking like what was promised. If you snipe someone everyone runs to your exact location. Not just the general area, the exact spot you were. There are points in the game where the enemy can see you through walls. The sound is pretty average. Overall, it's just a lot of eye candy.

Ive been playing it and graphically im v impressed roll on HL2 and Doom 3 i see ure point with the sniping ive been using the handy M4 But inside buildings those Tridents are quality the music adds a dimension to the game.Its not MGS style.

*Trigens.

Far Cry looks very nice, even on my Ti4200. Still, the game never really made me jump out of my chair. It's pretty obvious the map makers were trying to scare players ala Doom 3, but in the end wimped out.

Back