• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bf 1942 or vitnamn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally, I like both.

Battlefield: 1942 is a fantastic game. And vitamins help you grow big and strong :p

I believe you mean 'Vietnam' ;)

vietnam is more realistic, but it can be very unfun when people are spawn camping. there are still some major bugs too. 42 for me atleast is ONLY a lan game. its fun when you have people near you playing, but not online, too unrealistic

Xenocide said:
vietnam is more realistic, but it can be very unfun when people are spawn camping. there are still some major bugs too. 42 for me atleast is ONLY a lan game. its fun when you have people near you playing, but not online, too unrealistic

you've got good points about both that are pretty much true to an extent. i like em both but i would get 42 first before any of the others. you could probably get both now being that 42 shouldn't be that much in price.

CheeseMan said:
oh good point, how much you think it would cost? and how much vitnamn cost?

1942 new is 30 at bb, ebgames, etc. pre played is 20 at ebgames. expansions like road to rome, etc are 20 for new at ebgames. vietnam new is 40 at ebgames and on sale for 35 at bb. so you could get both 42 and nam for 20+35=55. not bad really. see if you can find nam pre played at ebgames. i got friends at ebgames and they hook me up with preplayeds all the time but if you don't like that idea go with new.

You can get the entire BF1942 battle chest for 40 dollars or less, it might even be 20 dollars somewhere. Vietnam is usually 40 dollars in most stores currently take or give 10 to 5 dollars. And it is Vietnam not vitnamn.

Plus with 1942 you can DL and play Desert Combat.... and some other good mods. Get 1942 and play it for awhile, then get BF:VT when it drops to $20-25.

if i were making this decision i would lean towards joint operations... various reasons but to name a few:

1) jo is not cartoonish at all
2)striving for realism out of the box
3)the devs are on it big-time with fixes and improvements
4)people are WAY more likely to play as a team vs what i saw in the 1.5 years i played bf + mods which makes it that much better
5)the fighting revolves around infantry/squads and not a bunch of morons waiting around for the next plane/tank/whatever to spawn...
6)the game physics are very good... damage is realistic, trajectory etc is all there.

if you do pickup bf1942 i would look at some of the other mods besides the completely played out desert combat. there is some very good ww2 mods out there that have put some realism into the game. and at $20ish bf + all the mods you can't go wrong. keep an eye on gogamer.com, they have some good sales at times.

Bashar said:
Plus with 1942 you can DL and play Desert Combat.... and some other good mods. Get 1942 and play it for awhile, then get BF:VT when it drops to $20-25.
Agreed. BFV is a great game though.

Banyan said:
if i were making this decision i would lean towards joint operations... various reasons but to name a few:

1) jo is not cartoonish at all
2)striving for realism out of the box
3)the devs are on it big-time with fixes and improvements
4)people are WAY more likely to play as a team vs what i saw in the 1.5 years i played bf + mods which makes it that much better
5)the fighting revolves around infantry/squads and not a bunch of morons waiting around for the next plane/tank/whatever to spawn...
6)the game physics are very good... damage is realistic, trajectory etc is all there.

if you do pickup bf1942 i would look at some of the other mods besides the completely played out desert combat. there is some very good ww2 mods out there that have put some realism into the game. and at $20ish bf + all the mods you can't go wrong. keep an eye on gogamer.com, they have some good sales at times.

id say JO is better than both of the ones he asked about but didn't think it'll be a good game to start with. JO is one of the better games i've played this year.

I played joint operations last night, i asked for far cry demo and it gave me that demo and you could play it online and it was so fun, but I wanna play that one a little more before i buy it

Back