• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 10.7v on the 12V rail bad????? (help)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Phrenetical

Hey everyone, ok my PSU is a new Antec True Blue 480W i love it, but i noticed today, my 12V rail was at 10.7v according to MBM5, (i dont have a multimeter soz) anyway, my other rails are fine, the 3v = 3.26 and the 5V is 5.03, so they are ok.

Yes but 10.7 on the 12v rail, is this bad???

In my case im running my sig spec.
+
2*80mm fans
2*80mm led fans
2*70mm fans
1*12inch blue cold cathode
1*burner
1*dvd drive
1 80gb sata
1 40gb IDE
1 a drive
1 gigabyte cooler GT ultra

Im sure my 12v rail used to be 11.57 and i cant think of anything i recently changed to cause a shift in voltage.

Any help is welcome.

im no psu expert but to me anything below 12v i consider bad. i have a superflower 550 and its 12.96 idle and fluctuates to 12.8x when load. i don't think it should ever be that low but the experts can chime in.

Well going by the BIOS and mbm5 is not really the best way to judge your rails. You really need to pick up a volt meter so you can check them real time in a plug. I have yet to have a BIOS/board that reads dead on what they are. Other than that if everythings stable then don't worry about it. I would check if I were you though so you can return the psu if needed.

With an ECS K7S5A v. 8.0, MBM 5 said that the +12V rail was 10.6xV, but my digital meter read +12.11V. SpeedFan was even worse and showed the voltage fluctuating every second between +6V and +8V.

At least some HDs won't even spin up with just 10.7V.

Back