• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

We need to retake the spot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fast420A

Okay High Speed Guys, Kris Mcool and Nikhsub1 had the 1st and 2nd spots on the Folding@Home Benchmark ORB found here. Now TOMVILL from EXOC has posted a higher score! I know that people here have to be able to do better than that! Good Luck!!!! :clap:

veryhumid said:
what exactly is the "result"? Is that in folding points with one machine? What is the time interval?

The Benchmark is built in to the folding console and they are used by stanford to determine what kind of WU's your computer should receive. This is just a list of the best benchmarks. Just more stats and competition. :D

The benchmark is ONLY shown when you use -verbosity 9. On HT machines it's best to stop both consoles and then start only 1 for a good high number.

Last edited:
just need anyone with a high end phase change a64 rig and they should be able to clean the clock of #1

Maxvla said:
just need anyone with a high end phase change a64 rig and they should be able to clean the clock of #1

thats what i was thinking... i know some of you guys have a prommie and an A64.. come on out :p

can you get results on a dual processor machine? i have a dual xeons with ht enabled.

They will each have a benchmark but the high number is all single chip processesing power. Shroomr is in 5th place with an AMD but the rest of the top is all Intel. Looks like a 3.X Ghz AMD could also take the top. I have a AMD64 board on the way, I need a chip and then maybe I should fire up the old chiller! :eek:

it ask for me to upload my log files...come on guys details here..I might be able to hit it if i work fast enough i can get 2.6 out of my barton for about 10 min before I go black!

FizzledFiend said:
it ask for me to upload my log files...come on guys details here..I might be able to hit it if i work fast enough i can get 2.6 out of my barton for about 10 min before I go black!

If you used the One Click, go to C:/Program Files/ FAH and look for the FAHlog.txt file. You may want to stop the service, open the log and clear it out and then restart the service so the newest benchmark number is at the top of the log file. The less you have running on the PC the better the benchmark. See what kind of number you get, try different overclocks and ram timings and see what you can do and then post the best benchmark you get. Good Luck!

I just hit 8812 using a 3DMark trick with my current rig by running the console version. I started the console using the -config flag and then hit Ctrl,Alt,Delete and set the FAH4Console to Real Time Priority and then in the options set it to low and 100% CPU and the benchmark went up almost 200 points.

Last edited:
FizzledFiend said:
2.6Ghz Barton or XP wont be nearly enough... you will get around 9k 8900 or so, not much more. This benchmark is lame really as each time the client starts, you get a different value. P4's will be hard to beat for a while me thinks.

nikhsub1 said:
2.6Ghz Barton or XP wont be nearly enough... you will get around 9k 8900 or so, not much more. This benchmark is lame really as each time the client starts, you get a different value. P4's will be hard to beat for a while me thinks.

not trying to take the gold m8 just the barton up top or one of those dang Intels :p

Back