• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck at 220fsb?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

adelphia83

I've got a shiny new pair of 512mb Kingmax DDR500 TSOP modules in the process of testing. The chips are Hynix D5. For some reason I cannot get a stable FSB past ~215 or so.

I've verified this motherboard is stable to around ~230 FSB by using Kreton PC3500 in the past, and the system would run Prime all day and all night.

I'm getting errors in Prime95 within the first minute at 227fsb with timings set to 3-4-4-11. Is there something about this RAM I should know about, or is this possibly a defective set?

The motherboard was stable up to 228mhz fsb using Kreton PC3500 RAM. Using the new Kingmax DDR500, I cannot even run prime at 200mhz 3-4-4-11, even for a few minutes.

This is where it gets weird. If I run a single stick (doesn't matter which RAM module or slot, I tried them all), Prime will cruise right along (it's been going for a half hour or so now) at 225fsb where I'm at now.

I'm going to try them both in the same channel here shortly.

Anyone know of this Hynix RAM having problems running dual-channel in an Nforce2 board?

If that's 2x512 might have something to do w/ cpc being enabled by default. Not familiar w/ it but I'm told there can be problems trying to run two 512's on an nf7-s, which is why I flashed w/ trats' d24 (see sig).
Was not stable at 216 at any vdimm. Now at 230 @ ~2.94V. Lack of voltage limiting me at this point.

The thing is, I think it might drop bandwidth a bit, which is made up by higher fsb. The thread here is where tictac goes over solving it.. rather lengthy. If you do decide to try it, see what sandra scores you get at your highest stable setting before and then after.
I'd be very interested to know if there was a difference since I didn't check before I flashed. I went with trats' cuz apparently it allows higher fsb. Haven't tried tictac's.

Back