• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

removing 2 cpu wasting processes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zatrix

ati2evxx.exe and ati2evxx.exe these 2 processes are still here. i never had a problem with them until i reinstalled 4.7 and now there there. i removed it from the startup at msconfig AND i removed it from the options in the menu. but those are still there. HELP PLZ. 3 sec added boot start. i need these gone!!

Go into the Control Panel, and select Adiminstrative Tools. From there, open the Services application and disable both ATI related services so they aren't loaded on boot.

You'll have to do this every time you install your graphics drivers because for some reason ATI really thinks you want those two processes, and just makes them start automatically again.

JigPu

JigPu said:
Go into the Control Panel, and select Adiminstrative Tools. From there, open the Services application and disable both ATI related services so they aren't loaded on boot.

You'll have to do this every time you install your graphics drivers because for some reason ATI really thinks you want those two processes, and just makes them start automatically again.

JigPu

thank you ALOT

Hardin said:
What exactly do those two processes do anyway?
ati2evxx.exe
ATI External Event Utility EXE Module. Another background task which gets installed when you install ATI display drivers. Under Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003 the service registers as the “ATI Hotkey Poller” and further investigation shows that it is related to the handling of various ATI Hotkeys which bring up specific ATI utilities. Not only is this facility useless to 99.99% of users, but there is also no documentation anywhere on those ATI hotkeys !! Additionally some of our more inquisitive users have been able to prove that ATI2EVXX can sometimes be an incredible resource hog using up to 85% of CPU utilization !! Older versions of this background task show up as ATIPOLAB in the Task List.

taken from http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist_a.htm

Back