• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd Advertising

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andy71600

I just noticed that AMD has a small ad that kind of pops up while im watching the tour de france!

It's good.

I'd like to see them take a more aggressive stance on advertising to oppose Intel's strong campaigns..

Yeah Thats cool! Now they just need to get a sound byte like that Intel inside byte, Except not as annoying.

They are also getting more support from big compainies like Compusa Best buy ect.

Im seeing more AMD system's being sold thier than P4's. Also in compusa yesturday i was watching the tvs and LCD's and they had this A64 little video thier talking about the A64 and what it does and what its packed with.

Lance Armstrong is sponsored by AMD, along with the US Postal Service. I think the whole Postal team is sponsored by AMD too.

And of course Ferrari uses AMD, the best cars need the best processors. :p

The stores also have the little pamphlets on the Athlon 64 and the advantages of going with AMD propaganda. In Circuit City they have a big poster above all their computers talking about the advanced features of the Athlon 64 as well. I've also seen practically every computer manufacturer bragging about the 'NX' feature of the AMD64; i'm sure that'll attract the business segment. With the KO on NetBurst and AMD's increase in advertising, they might just give Intel a run for their money!

aslong as intel holds the contracts with the major OEM's (dell gateway compaq ect) AMD will never "give them a run for the money" they could dominate 100% of the individual processor sales market and they still wouldent be able to compete with the numbers intel is pushing with the OEMs alone., all in all they are doing better, and its nice to see an ad or two (did i just say that?) :beer:

Lets just hope that those oem contracts like Dell's are expiring soon and they didnt sign a life contract..

Drec said:
aslong as intel holds the contracts with the major OEM's (dell gateway compaq ect) AMD will never "give them a run for the money" they could dominate 100% of the individual processor sales market and they still wouldent be able to compete with the numbers intel is pushing with the OEMs alone., all in all they are doing better, and its nice to see an ad or two (did i just say that?) :beer:
Ditto.

i would prefer that AMD stay away from advertising, and spend that money on development. The more they spend on advertising the more the prices go up on our precious chips. I.E. - INTEL!!!!

well its good that they are advertising. and prices may go down actually since it should increase sales. and if they don't advertise then how will people know about thier products. its a smart initiative on amd's part.

Back