• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what are some safe temps?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PhoeniXXX

Registered
i have a p4 northwood 2.8
im just testing with the the prcoessor @ 2.94 ghz
im running two prime 95 tests, its at about 48 - 49C with the test running, it runs at about 38 - 40 C when idle. are these temps ok?

Yeah, those temps are fine... most people try to stay under 55°C when oc'ing, but technically you could go up to 65°C and not fry your computer, you'd just get system instability from the heat.

As long as the temps stay reasonably low ( I would just try to stay below 55°C load for practical usage) you can increase the vcore and overclock on your processor. I wouldn't go over 1.65V vcore unless you have very good air cooling or water cooling. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that you want answered.

BTW, could you put your system into a signature ( feel free to use mine as a model) and add your temps ( cpu idle and load, case temp, and what the room temp is at the time) and what HS and fan you have on your processor. We can answer your questions better if we know what you have in your system. Thanks :)

thank you, ill add my info soon, i dont have decent cooling or a thermalright heatsink yet, so i havent really tried to overclock much

thanks.... and how do you PM? i havent found it after a few seconds of looking

and how do you PM? i havent found it after a few seconds of looking

Click the name of the person you intend to send the PM to..Look to your left above the Avatar and stars..A menu will drop down..Or if you know the persons user name you can send a PM from your home/PM messages page..:)

archilochus said:
Click the name of the person you intend to send the PM to..Look to your left above the Avatar and stars..A menu will drop down..Or if you know the persons user name you can send a PM from your home/PM messages page..:)
thanks

Back