• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Heatsink for DFI Landparty Rev2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ill have to check this out too since I got a Thermaltake Silent Boost but it my pc seems to be running just a bit on the hot side...... 38-45

ok maybe it me but i can only find the sp-97 at excaliberpc.com but cant seem to find the neo bacl plate anywhere.... where about would I find bot hat same place ??

you don't "need" to get the Neo, you have 3 options:

1: Get the Neo
2: Use a Dremel or file to notch the regular backplate to make room for the mobo stand-off
3: just don't use a mobo standoff/screw in the hole that causes the issue.

:D

Spend the 10 bux or so and get the neo backplate to insure proper contact with the hsf and cpu. Trust me I modded my old backplate before I got the neo and I'd say that one is 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000x easier and better than the other.

Also, not using standoffs with the SP-97 can cause the metal parts to short out the entire mobo...not the best idea I'd say. (It's not a guaruntee but certainly a possibility).

Back