• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused, need help. Live in Northwest WA.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

scm007

Registered
I'm looking to build a very good gaming computer. I'm hoping to pick up the parts for the computer for less than they sell for on ebay. Where can I do this? If possible I'd like to sell computer parts on ebay and make a good profit as well. So where can I find deals like these? I know they are out there but most of the ones posted aren't as cheap as the prices on ebay. Thanks. :attn:

pricewatch usually lists the lowest priced item throughout a huge multitude of online dealers. although many of those online dealers are NOT to be trusted. ResellerRatings has customer ratings of many of those online dealers.

PM me if you need any help on deciding parts for your system.

A lot of computer stuff sells for cheap on ebay because you don't know if you can trust the person you are getting it from... The people here tend to put a pretty healthy price on things, which you will notice once you get a 100 posts and classifieds access.

Pricewatch has some very sketchy retailers, but I would trust resellerratings to give me a good perspective on what to expect.

If you want a place that has the hottest deals, check out fatwallet.com. They are usually the place which is on top of all the megadeals - you have to be quick though, because once things show up there, places get hammered. ;)

I was thinking more along the lines of computer shows and liquidations. How do most of these ebayers get their parts for so cheap?

Look around in forums often, sometimes you'll be able to snag a good deal.

Or look for ebay auctions that end in the AM hours, sometimes you can get a good deal.

But becareful, I just baught Micron PC2700 from someone on ebay with 700+ feedback, and it ends up being PC2100 2.5-4-4.. horrible... And he's not being very nice about the whole thing either... :/

I was thinking more along the lines of computer shows and liquidations. How do most of these ebayers get their parts for so cheap?

Computer shows are a no-no. They have prices WAY higher than newegg, in my experience. Just look for good deals in the sunday newspaper ads.

Back