• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking an old 1.4Ghz P4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

leetsmidgion

im trying to overclock my old ghetto P4 that i has sitting around, i went to the Overclockers.com Cpu guide to find out what mobos ppl used back in the day to oc thus chips, and one person has used a Asus P4T-M, this was the only mobo i could find still for sale, and at a reduced price of 19.99 i couldnt resist.... anyway, ive oc'd AMD's b4 and had no trouble, but with this mobo i cant find the settings i need to change frequency/multiplier settings, Anyone with a word of advide, or does anyone still have one of these mobo sitting around? thanks for the help anyone!

I have never used that mobo, but generally you go into the CPU section of the BIOS and cycle through the CPU clock speed settings until you find "user define" which should ungray your frequency settings (FSB). Not sure if that mobo allows you to lock the PCI bus at default or not, but if you can't you will really be limited in overclocking.

Last edited:
ive seen a couple of asus boards with the jen jumper hardwired to not allow overclocking, take a look at the board and your manual and make sure the jen jumper is in the correct spot,and actually there, then do as batboy stated above

thanks everyone, deeman, i couldnt find any jen jumpers, but im gonna download the newest bios for my board, flash it, and see where i get from there

Back