• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with a mobile AMD cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Amd_kick_arse

Registered
Guys i just got my cpu mobile AMD xp 2500 go the ram and all 3200ddr ram. installed the cpu in and went to 200FSB and it wouldnt boot at all only at 180FSB but it had probs, had the multiplier at 10,,,
Then it wouldnt load windows at 166FSB 133FSB or 100FSB the pc went into a shop and the problem was ram fulty ram,,, I got new ram and off i went again.
Got home put the new ram in and hit 200FSB @ 10... did a prime95 test for 2hours 35min with only 1 error and no warings so i thought cool time to put the multiplier up restarted and it wouldnt load again so i went back to 166FSB @10 it was fine im running that now..... So can anyone please tell me what the hell is going on here it's nuts. it runs at 1.6volts standard not 1.45volts can anyone help me out there please i have hit a brick wall, And now i would just like to run it stable and be happy that it's running fine and there is no chance of it stopping on me....

If you get an error in prime95, its not "cool". It means that your computer is not stable.
There are a lot of causes for this. We will need you to list all the hardware you have:
motherboard, Powersupply, heatsink & fan, RAM manufacturer and model. And if possible, the stepping on the CPU.
What was the CPU temprature when you were running Prime?

These are a few things that could've caused your system to be unstable at 200x10:
Maybe the temps were too high, or the PSU is too weak, or maybe you need to loosen up the memory timings, or maybe your CPU just needs more voltage.

Yeah you should really post your system specs and then maybe the problem will be found. Maybe uppng the vltage to 1.7+ can help. My mobile 2400+ runs fine at 2.4.... Maybe a botched cpu was delivered.

<threadjack>
buddhafumes said:
My mobile 2400+ runs fine at 2.4

2.4? wow man you got some guts i wont put more then 2.2 into mine...and i wonder how long its gonna live on 2.4 </threadjack>

Drec said:
<threadjack>

2.4? wow man you got some guts i wont put more then 2.2 into mine...and i wonder how long its gonna live on 2.4 </threadjack>

I think he meant 2.4GHz. look in his sig. Also I don't know any boards that allow such high vcore (w/o modding)

yeah i meant 2.4 ghz. On my cheapo shuttle (which is ~$55, is a good board) I go from the bios to the cpu voltage/ratio select and mine is currently at 1.775. as far as i know you should be able to do that on any board? Eh, what do i know.

I maybe know why my ram failed now when the fsb was at 200MHz the ram was over 430MHz. So it might have gave way, And the error came at 200fsb. So i now have it at [email protected] 1995.2MHz
Some things i can give you now is 500watt PSU Ritmo... 256mb ddr 3200 twin MOS... Mobo is gigabyte GA-7N400-L nForce2
Thermaltake Volcano 12
The stepping codes is the one thing i havnt seen but when i get some more gel i'll look cause it was very hard to put that fan on.
And also the mbm doesnt work anymore it stuffs me up so i uninstalled it. But in the bios it runs at 42deg 3068rpm i have the fan on sensor auto it's got a bit in it lesft

Don't run your memory asynchroniously with the FSB, it only hurts performance, you better just run the RAM 1:1 with the FSB.

Now your RAM is running in sync. what is the CPU voltage, and is this the max you can do stable??

1.616voltage this is as far as i have gone i think it can go more i just havent pushed it yet. i havent done prime95 yet but i have been on it for hours and it seems sweet on the net done some dvd's feels good. but i do think that fsb 190MHz is max for me

Last edited:
Im at 190x11 @ 2090.12MHz 1.6V.. Did a little prime95 test about 2 hours a little busy no errors no warnings still 45deg.
I know a guy that said his mobo wouldnt drop below 1.6V so i think myn is the same? It's going slow but im only going up slow .5 on multiplier as i was told seems like it could take a week lol.

Back