• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best heatsink? HELP! need it fast!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AntonioBanderas

Disabled
I am currently getting a Chenming entry server case, Epox 8kda3j nforce 3 250gb mobo, and a sparkle power supply 530 watt off newegg.

Are these good parts to get for my Athlon 64 system or should I get different parts?

I need a heatsink but I am not sure which one to get. I was told to get a zalman cnps7000cu but I cannot find that on newegg What is the best heatsink or other cooling device should I get? The machine is going to be for some OCing and Pure gaming.

I do not want to spend a ton of money on cooling either, I just want to get what has the most bang for its buck as well as being good for my system. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

I'll second the Slk-948, it's great cooling for a reasonable price. Don't forget a fan for the HS as well, look for one that's 38mm thick if possible. I couldn't find a good 92mm fan on newegg other than the Tornado, so the best fan that I could in is the Thermaltake Smart Fan II (TT SFII) LINK

It puts out enough pressure and cfms to cool the HS well, and it's not as noisy as the Tornados. Good Luck :)

The SLK-948 is an awsome heatsink, or you could go for the SP-94 to take advantage of the heatpipes. Right now I'm using the SLK-048u with a Vantech Tornado fan, keeps me down to 33C Idle and 42C Load - and thats with the Tornado running at 3000 RPM (w/ fan controler - 39C Load with the fan running at 4500 RPM)

What fan controller should I get for the Tornado? Or should I just get the thermaltake one? Will there be a noticeable difference? Where can I get a fan controller? I searched for it on EBay and a bunch of mobos showed up.

AntonioBanderas said:
What fan controller should I get for the Tornado? Or should I just get the thermaltake one? Will there be a noticeable difference? Where can I get a fan controller? I searched for it on EBay and a bunch of mobos showed up.

I use the Coolermaster Aerogat II, you can pick them up at pretty much any computer store. If you hook up the Tornado fan to the controler, you will have to splice the wires. Not to hard of a job. You'll notice a MAJOR difference in noise though. If you turn the fan down, it will go from F-16 takeing off from an aircraft carrier to a Pinto caosting down hill. Its worth it in my opinion.

Back