• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NTLDR blues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mayagrafix

Wazzup with this NTLDR.DLL file that keeps corrupting on HDD? Every 6 weeks or so I hafta reformat and re install my OS because the file corrupts. Does anybody have a work around? or is there some maliciuos virus I dont know about on my system?

Data corruption can be caused by too much overclocking, or overclocking certain components beyond their limits.

If you're overclocked, drop back to stock and see if the problem goes away.

In the meantime, you could boot to the Recovery Console, and use the fixboot and fixmbr commands. That might help you out a bit.

Have you run the manufacturers utilities on the drive? It could be an advanced warning of a smart drive failure.
Instead of reformating, make an emergency repair disc of your working system so if it happens again you can use the repair install function to fix it.

Oni said:
Data corruption can be caused by too much overclocking, or overclocking certain components beyond their limits.

If you're overclocked, drop back to stock and see if the problem goes away.

In the meantime, you could boot to the Recovery Console, and use the fixboot and fixmbr commands. That might help you out a bit.
Yeah...keep a fresh copy of ntldr in a handy place I've had to do this on some troublesome machines(only during diagnostic though)

Back