• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my 2.8C hurt?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

furiousfords89

I just got my comp back from my uncles house ( he fixed it for me) and he said that my 2.8c is running @ like 120F idle and he had to turn the fan controller all the way up. So i had a bad feeling that something happened there. When i got home i immiediately took out the aero 4 heatsink and i found some cheapo thermal tape, so i peeled that off easily and applied my AS5 on it and now the idle temps sit @ 86F. Do u guys think my processor was hurt during that period of overheating?

As long as it's working fine right now, it should be ok. Although I don't know FOR SURE, i think the life will be lower, but that also means it'll *ONLY* work for another 5 years =P

I know when talking about northwood's and pressy's it's talking about apples and oranges. I think it's funny though. My pressy runs at about 116 load on a regular basis. I know the process makes these chips run hotter, but I wonder what makes the pressy's able to take the higher temps. Or maybe it's just a big conspiracy :beer: Anyway I really doubt your chip was hurt at all. A northwood can take those temps. When I had my northwood on my asus board, my pcprobe autoset 160F as it's alarm temp. I wouldn't worry about it.

I am sorry to tell you that your cpu is already damaged
smill inside your .. system, if you smill any type of smoke it means your cpu was working and for now burned

But if you want the true:

I joke with you

Don't beleave huh!

Designer said:
I am sorry to tell you that your cpu is already damaged
smill inside your .. system, if you smill any type of smoke it means your cpu was working and for now burned

But if you want the true:

I joke with you

Don't beleave huh!

I suggest you download IESPELL :-/

bro Silversinksam

Correct me plz if i am wrong

I download that software and complete checking with no wrongs.

You are right my english is poor

But

Your advice
or s

:cool:

Silversinksam said:
I suggest you download IESPELL :-/

thats kinda harsh SSS, obviously his native language isn't english. and if it is...well someone didnt pay attention in class. :eek:

Designer said:
bro Silversinksam

Correct me plz if i am wrong

I downloadED that software and completED the check with nothing wrong.

You are right my english is poor

But

Your advice

or s

:cool:

My guess is your Russian!!! am i right or not?

I just stuck my 3.0C in a system today with a stock intel hsf, and set it to 235fsb on auto voltage. It topped out at about 109F full load, which isn't too bad considering. I wouldn't be too worried unless your chip was hitting temps arond 140-150F

nu aa aa

you know what?

I am free! now

Do you wanna play with me this game?

"guess" again I am from another planet world

I am from .. aa aa

Na Na Na ya guess

Last edited:
Back