• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2D shearing in windows on radeon 9800pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3line

2D shearing in windows on radeon 9800pro (did I bust my card?)

Don't know if it's a major concern or not, but it is quite annoying. It appeared right after I tried to flash to 9800xt and then flashed back to the original bios. It makes no sense. Now whenever I drag a window, the window borders are tearing and causing a ripple effect. Does anyone have experience with this issue? Could the flashing process have screwed with the ram timings?

P.S. It's running at stock speeds with the 4.7 drivers installed. The problem existed with the 4.6 drivers as well.

Last edited:
Went back to the xt bios. Shearing's not as bad. Oh well, looks like I'll have to live with this.

Dont know if this is any help, but when i over clock too much and the vpu recovery feature turns on mine does the same thing. After resetting it goes back to normal though. Hardware acc is turned off and it uses software rendering.

Back