• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do I hook up my big speakers to my comp?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Too Smart

Someone gave me a big stereo system but it broke so I threw it out but I kept the speakers. They are about 3 feet tall and sound pretty good so I want to hook them up to my computer. But they don't have that thing that headphone wires have on the end that I can plug into my sound card, instead they just have bare wire at the end. On the stereo I threw out where they used to hook up, there was some kind of snap mechanism which you snapped over the wire. It says "8 ohm" on it. Anyways my question is, what equipment do I need to buy in order to use these big speakers with my computer? This is a topic I know nothing about.

You need a external amp to plug into your sound card, from the AMP you plug the speakers in... I use the line-in jack on my stero system on my computer, its acts like a good AMP.. sounds amazing :D

If it's not too much trouble can you post a picture of what such an amp looks like so that I know what to buy? I looked up amplifier on the internet to see what they look like and there are many different kinds and I'm not sure what kind I need.

You would need something like this for an amp and this cable to connect it to the pc.

Attachments

• 42-2551.jpg
    42-2551.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 292
  • 6305241_sa.jpg
    6305241_sa.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 380
Back