• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the best brand of Nvidia cards to get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

4megaserver

Registered
What is the best brand of Nvidia cards to get? I hear PNY all the time, but I just wanted to see what everyone thinks. I am getting a Ti4600 4x card and need to know what brand to get.

Thanks! :bang head

BFG = lifetime warrenty
MSI = awesome game bundle and good overclock

PNY is complete crap IMO.

I'd have to say (In order best first) From my experience, anyway, some of my favourites.

XFX
BFG
Leadtek
Gainward
MSI
Abit
Asus
Albatron
Innovision
Sparkle

PNY's have a lifetime warranty too. And the BFG's are only newer cards in the FX series and up from what I see on ebay. I could care less about software, I want a killer card (already picked the Ti4600) and I just need to know what brand of that specific card to get. All I see is PNY, ASUS, and some other brands I've never heard of.

Let me know.

Thanks!

Heres what I found for that card (Ti4600) on ebay currently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=40161&item=5107973482&rd=1

Heres a quote from the listing: "NOTE: Heatsink not sticking to the ram on the bottom side of the card and fan generates noise but does not affect performance!!! "

LOL!! I dont want a card that the fan is gonna crap out of the have all these conmetic issues, and this makes me really skeptical about XFX.

4megaserver said:
PNY's have a lifetime warranty too. And the BFG's are only newer cards in the FX series and up from what I see on ebay. I could care less about software, I want a killer card (already picked the Ti4600) and I just need to know what brand of that specific card to get. All I see is PNY, ASUS, and some other brands I've never heard of.

Let me know.

Thanks!
MSI cards oc well, real well.

PNY's lifetime warrenty is for the lifetime that it's in production, not a real lifetime. BFG is the only company that offers a true lifetime warrenty that exceeds the manufactoring lifetime.

Everyone has been putting down PNY which must be for a reason. I personally think their customer support is good. When I ordered my Ultra a month or so ago I called every day and a woman there always answered me and kept me updated. The manager even called me back 2 times during the 3 weeks I waited to keep me updated and let me know my place in line. And finally called me when it went out. Maybe I just got lucky, but a month span of good service so far is enough for me to vouch for them. Maybe they have changed their ways??

I never found the OC limit on my Leadtek 5900ultra - it was an amazing card.

I originally purchased a PNY GFFX59U when that baby first hit the market. I'm talking the day of official release. The card took a giant dump about 6 or 7 months later. I contacted PNY for warranty service/RMA. I was told by the customer service representative on the other side of the phone connection: " PNY's warranty extends only to the commercial lifetime of the product. Your product is no longer manufactured. If you'd like, we'd be glad to accept your card as a trade-in, and use the value as a portion of your price of it's replacement the PNY GFFX5950U." In no uncertain terms, they told me to take my video card, and all it's broke the heck up glory, and stuff it up my you know who if I didn't want to buy it's shelf replacement. I will NEVER so much as spend money on a PNY pencap (if they make them) in this or any other lifetime again.

i had a pny 5900. at first i thought it was a dud because i got random reboots during games all the time. turns out it was my power supply. i found this out after i ruined my card trying to mod it though, lol.

wat does everybody here think of Giga-byte GFX cards????

i have a 5700 Non-Ultra, i think it could overclock a bit better, but it seem to be quite good!

I thnik albatron makes awesome cards, and if you want to shell out some more cash, asus. PNY is horrible. Absolutely horrible. I have 2 ti4200's from PNY sitting in the burned stack of computer gear - one just burned out randomly and one got burned because for some reason the drivers messed it up. Thanks, PNY. I guess almost any other card than PNY would be acceptable (except for generic and ones you've never heard of).

Only card i thought was the beast at the time was PNY's Ti4600. The XFX FX5900XT i bought was awsome, bad part was it only lasted 6 days :mad: Next in line is the BFG FX5900XTOC which i flashed to a 5950 Ultra. Runnin it now in my main rig @ 500/1Ghz. Lifetime warranty, 24/7 tech support. Best warranty and card for the money. The 6800 GT or ultra i have my sights on is BFG's , no question about about it! :D

I don't think I'm going to upgrade in a while- my rig is just fine (for now) Yeah I heard BFG's are nice, but at the time I got my card it was the best price to performance. I STILL think Albatron makes some of the best cards on the market. Albatrons stock cooling on many of their cards is nice.

Back