• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel 800 Slot 1 question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zed

whats the max safe FSB and voltage setting for this chip? I curently have it runnin at 124FSB @992 and seems to run fine although my 3dmark 2001 score seem a little low...2877 is what i scored...im fairly new to O/C but learning.

If you have good cooling i (RE GOOD COOLING) i think it would be safe to have the Vcore upto 1.9-1.95 Volts... with good cooling.
1.8-1.85 is you cooling isnt the best.

As FSB goes... if your hardware is happy at that speed go for it.
You dont really have to worry about the FSB being to high for the CPU but rather the rest of the cards (PCI AGP ect..) in your rig. Your PCI speed is 41.33Mhz... it should be 33.33Mhz, and as long a your cards (harddrives) are happy at that speed, your happy.
Is 133 FSB out of reach?

FSB

ive had it up to as high as 144 but the system became unstable..at 133/33 i get 1066 and decent stability and it runs at 104 F. its just those few lockups that bug me at that speed:)...i was more concerned with the chip being slot 1...over all im happy with the way it is now but when i look at the 3dmark site my score seem low.

im running 2 sticks of 256meg pc133 from Kingston

I have the same board as you, I has stability problems running 2 stick of memory..Id reconmend trying to run only 1 and see what happens also try moving the stick into a different slot

Back