• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[CHOICE] From these 5 cases - which one?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Coolermaster by far has the best build quality out of any of those- ask anyone.

I've never been a Lian-Li fan, and that case that looks like a mini-fridge isn't helping things. :p

But frankly, those are all the cream of the crop. You should be happy no matter which way you go.

wpmegee said:
About that last one, it basically is a rebadged CM Wave Master, and you get a window and some other bells and whistles
No, it most certainly is not.

First of all, it weighs nearly 4 lbs less- that's four pounds of pure quality. It also lacks the very convenient removable motherboard tray that the Wavemaster has.
And on top of that, it's interior shows that it's clearly Chenming-based.

The Wavemaster and the Tsunami make look very similar on the outside, but don't let that fool you- Thermaltake specializes in cheap lookalikes. Their underpinnings are actually very different.

So at the moment then the Coolmaster would be thje one?

Here is one more then to add to the list - just read a review on it and i like how the mobo is raised from the bottom of the case with dual 80mm @ the bottom rear and a 120mm up by the cpu

Cooler Master CM Stacker MID-TOWER CASE, Model "STC-T01-UW" -RETAIL

11-119-042-11.jpg

See the space near the bottom back - can place 2 fasn there

motherboard.jpg

the only thing i am not sure about is the color scheme :(

^^^^ seems the above case you can get a side panel window - as well it has a special "motherboard" fan cooling system :d

Cooler Master Wave Master Black MID
The one you added has a mesh front on all the drive covers. I would see this as bad unless you added a bunch of little filters ;)

I like the TT Tsunami one. The 120mm fans in the front and back are a real plus IMO.

It's too bad, I REALLY want to get it too. But I just don't know if I can part with my extreamly modded TT Xaser III case. I've put many a hour into that case. :cry:

I like the second and the last one. The stacker is a good one as well. Its a big one though, it will have lots of space.

ahhh Decisions!>.lol

i like the last one i added IF i could get the side panel window - and i agree - the mesh parts could be an issue - some reviews said the front mesh parts are a pain to remove!!! but really i would not plan to remove them often.

argh! i hate choices sometimes..lol - i would co a coolmater - the one that looks like the TT if they had a window on it mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mr.Guvernment said:

OMG!!! :eek: :drool:

I was going to get an antec SLK3700AMB, but when I saw this, I just wanted to get it! It's basicly a an exact copy of two of the best cases. (that's the only thing thermaltake is good for- stealing other people's hard work and putting its own name on it... but at least they does it well :D)

The front drive bays are EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE SLK3700AMB and it looks similar to the wave master. It's even better because it has the side window, the side fan, and it looks kickass.

For performance, quality, and just the overall tank-like experience, the stacker is awesome. On the other hand, the tsunami is just soooo good.

Now, having seen the tsunami, I just need to get it. But, considering such a high price, and the fact that I'm gonna be water cooling, I'm looking at the stacker.

After this, the SLK3700AMB looks like it's handicapped.

Thank you for making me spend an extra $70. Thank you very much :mad:

:D

The reason it looks like an SLK3700 on the inside is because it is one. They're both Chenmings with different cosmetics.

The Tsunami is a ripoff for what you're getting. The Wavemaster is actually just about the most solid chassis you'll ever find. The Tsunami is just one of these with a fancier exterior. Not that that's bad, it's just not worth nearly that much.

WaveMaters...Are IMHO pure junk...Oh yeah I bought one...Promptly sold it...Shucks I even held on to a Sonata longer than the WaveMaster.

Hookem said:
WaveMaters...Are IMHO pure junk...Oh yeah I bought one...Promptly sold it...Shucks I even held on to a Sonata longer than the WaveMaster.
Pure junk...how d'ya figure?

Try and find a more solid construction in any case.

Gautam said:
Pure junk...how d'ya figure?

Try and find a more solid construction in any case.
well...the steel Cheiftec's are built like a rock (both the SOHO and Full). I have never owned a wave but I have seen them up close. I don't think their junk, but I don't think they come close to the value they should for the price you pay.

After owning both the Chieftec and the Wavemaster, I can tell you there's no contest. It is subjective, admittedly, but the Wave is just built much, much better. It has an unmatched feeling of solidity. Also, after having a removable motherboard tray, there's no way I can go back. Really the only downside to the Wavemaster is its lack of fans, but it doesn't seem to hinder my temps one bit. It's definitely not a good case for watercooling. But it's nicely sized, fairly light, yet solid.

^^^^ thnx

and thanx all for the feedback - still one har ddecision..lol

Daniel - does he by chance have the side panel widow for the Cooler Master STC-T01 CM Stacker Aluminum Computer Case
?

really i would like this case over all but only if i could get the side window for it - i love alot of room!

Back