• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mikexhunt

hey, this maybe a noob question but, i recently bought a new comp and it came with a stock case. I was wondering if i bought a new case i can install it myself right? because the guy at the store i bought my comp from said that i wont be able to use another case after they build my comp on the stock case. well yea i just wanted to know this because i'm looking for a new, cool looking case. thanks

The only problem you may encounter is becoming hooked like us!
Welcome to the forums! Good luck with your first mod! :)
People in here are very helpful and happy to help.

mikexhunt said:
hey, this maybe a noob question but, i recently bought a new comp and it came with a stock case. I was wondering if i bought a new case i can install it myself right? because the guy at the store i bought my comp from said that i wont be able to use another case after they build my comp on the stock case. well yea i just wanted to know this because i'm looking for a new, cool looking case. thanks

Very Highly unlikely. Unless you are building an industrial PC in a shoebox case or the case is a desktop. then I would say yeah you may have problems. If it is a standard PC form motherboard. With a standard ATX power supply, then the guy who built it has shorted himself to ground one too many times or just doesn't want you getting any funny ideas like, doing it yourself.

Welcome to the forums.

ok i have an OEM comp, so i wont be able to change the computer case or am i stuck with the one i have. sorry for my noobness :clap:

Since it appears to be a standard ATX mobo you could just probably transfer all of your gear into a new case.

You should have no problem changing over to a new case. But as stated before, be careful because you just might get hooked like the rest of us here.

welcome to the forums, just make sure when you transfer you ground youself and the tools you use by touching the psu. You dont want any static build up to fry something.

Back