• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ PC 3500 EB, and NF7-S problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

felinusz

Senior Overclocking Magus
My 1024 meg set of dual channel OCZ PC 3500 EB Platinum arrived today, and I immediately rushed happily off to try it out in my board, an NF7-S 2.0.

The board will not post with the RAM installed, and gives a 'DRAM Installed incorrectly' Beep code (Long Beep, repeated indefinetely).

I have tried each stick of RAM individually, in each RAM slot on my board. The RAM is *not* upside down :))), and I made certain that it was firmly and completely inserted into the RAM slot, with the clips holding it tightly in place. There is no doubt that it is indeed being installed correctly.

My old RAM, a 512 meg set of OCZ PC 3500 EL, works fine in any of my three RAM slots, and didn't cause any problems when I tried it after testing out the EB.

Is this a known issue, or is there somthing wrong with my RAM/board? I've tried each stick by itself, in all three RAM slots, using both the D10, and D24 BIOS files. I unfortunately don't have access to another machine with which to test them in.

I find it unlikely that both RAM sticks are faulty.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Figured it out :).

For some reason, clearing the BIOS didn't work, but manually setting the timings to this EB's SPD of 2.5-3-2-8 with my old RAM in, and then switching it out for the EB, did the trick, and the board recognizes it fine now.

I still can't get 400mhz with 2x512 PC3200EB w/2.5-3-2-11. It must have to do something with CPC.

u know what i have the same prob with my mushkin 222 special ram i would need to set the fsb and timings ith old ram to use it if i would go to bios then save id get the long beep so i sent them back to mushkin there gonna test them on a nf7 board and let me know if they work then i have the option to take them back or get a refund man mushkin is really nice best service ive ever gotten :)i tried trats d24 bios and it didnt help so i dont know what to do.
where can i find this cpc disabled bios?

I think thats misleading, it says on the OCZ site that its 100% stable with NF7-S/M boards in 2x256 and 2x512. So is that just with OCZ or any brand of 2x512?

just to let you all know, i tested my new ocz 3500 plat ebs today and they work fine. didn't one reboot problem or any bios corruptions and they can oc like crazy. popped them in and immediately went to 230x11.5 @ 2.5-3-2 stabily. i know they can higher but i'll test them later. this is much better than any other bh5 that i've ever had. :D

i'm using d10 turbo bios. its pretty stable for stuff like bh5 and this type of ram which is mT-5bc. if there is any other bios i would use it would d24 with cpc off. i used to run that and it works good too. this ram is awesome if you can just unleash its potential :D

Hmm well, It would be interesting to try with a d10 bios - the only kind I haven't tried yet. But my bios is corrupted again, and I don't think my mate will be all happy if I go to him and ask for a hot-flash again (The bios chip almost died on his board :D).
I think I'll just hold on for my a64 stuff.

thats strange with the hotflash issue you are having. you sure the bios that you're using isn't already corrupt some how? i didn't have this issue with these ram and it has been good to me so far. :)

nocturnal, did you get those speeds on NF7-S with 2x512mb? also what dimm slots do you have the sticks in?

yes its a gig of dual channel 3500 ebs. i stuck one in the first slot and the 2nd in the 3rd for dual channel. works great so far and i know it can hit 240 fsb @ 2.5-3-2 since it uses mT-5bc which i have already tested with my old 2x256 kvr 3200s. everyone go back and retry these ram b4 you make a big mistake! :attn:

Ya i figured out these sticks I got are bad. And I probably need to get a CPC disabled BIOS to get at your speeds. Does anyone have a link for a good/stable BIOS with CPC disabled, D10 or D24?

ap673 said:
Ya i figured out these sticks I got are bad. And I probably need to get a CPC disabled BIOS to get at your speeds. Does anyone have a link for a good/stable BIOS with CPC disabled, D10 or D24?

man that sucks dude, rma them and get new ones.

Ya i've talked with seanomatic and he's helpin me out. OCZ tech support kicks ***!

Back