• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How much should I get out this mobo&cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nl_rick

I'am gonna buy this month:

- ASUS (AMD) A7N8X-E Deluxe Sound G-LAN FW SATA-Raid
- AMD Sockel A XP 3200+ Barton (2200Mhz) FSB200 TRAY

What should I get out this mobo and cpu, I have already 2x256 ddr333, and a Thermalright SP97 with a 92x92x25 Enermax UC-9FAB......

I bought those two parts for oc'ing..... I think that I should get @ the 2.4+ easy , :confused: if someone has the same config then tell me what you get out of this..:cool:

Grtz nl_rick .....

Dont wast your $ on a 3200 Barton. A 2500 will do you the same, if not more. 2.4+. Mine ran 2.57 something

Also, you will prob want to upgrade your mem

Last edited:
Don't buy an A7N8X... they are not overclocking boards. They are stable and have some decent features, but are by far one of the lowest performing overclocking boards available for ultra400.

I had the A7N8X-Deluxe with a mobile chip. Couldn't hardly get 2.4 gigs out of it, finally got annoyed and bought the NF7-S and was able to push past 2.6 gigs..

If I had to guess on your configuation - I'd say you might get 2.2 - 2.3 gigs max out of it since you're only using DDR333.

Keep in mind that's a locked cpu - you would be MUCH better off buying a Mobile-2500 XP if you plan on overclocking - you could probably go much higher.

Last edited:
The NF7-S is from Abit, and make sure you get the 2.0 version. As far as getting that CPU, try either http://www.newegg.com or http://www.excaliberpc.com.

the NF7-S are excellent boards. I will get one here once I complete my move to TX. I have read many reviews and read virtually everything here on those boards. They seem to be really excellent OCers, and work well with OC AMD CPUs.

Seabee said:
As far as getting that CPU, try either http://www.newegg.com or http://www.excaliberpc.com.

I don't think he can - he's in Holland. Look around for XP 2500 Mobile chips in any of your holland cpu stores - I know they're avaliable in the UK, they should be avaliable in continental europe...

nl_rick said:
Such as this one:

GrtZ

Thats it!

The NF7-S is definately what you should go with.

I've been searching the web for a Holland computer store that sells 2500 mobiles but have had no luck so far. :confused: You could try buying it from someone on the forum or getting someone to buy one for you and ship it to you. Although I don't know how much that might cost in shipping.

Last edited:
ahhh ty that you searched for me, I'am just go to a store and order me from somewhere in the world... :attn:

Grtz

Docta_Z said:
Don't buy an A7N8X... they are not overclocking boards. They are stable and have some decent features, but are by far one of the lowest performing overclocking boards available for ultra400.

I had the A7N8X-Deluxe with a mobile chip. Couldn't hardly get 2.4 gigs out of it, finally got annoyed and bought the NF7-S and was able to push past 2.6 gigs..

If I had to guess on your configuation - I'd say you might get 2.2 - 2.3 gigs max out of it since you're only using DDR333.

Keep in mind that's a locked cpu - you would be MUCH better off buying a Mobile-2500 XP if you plan on overclocking - you could probably go much higher.

A7N8X's are fine for moderate overclocking. The -E is a little better.
My 2500+ locked did 223fsb easily, when my ram hit its wall and stopped me. (on my a7n8x.)
I'm sitting on an a7n8x-E and its a great board. decent overclocking, and rock solid. If anything, the DDR333 will limit his OC more than anything.

Mobile is definatly a better way to go. My a7n8x could keep up with a lot of NF7's, but my DFI is still way ahead.

I would definatly advise AGAINST getting a DFI if your begining out on OCing. It is a VERY quirky board, and takes a lot of taming.

The A7N8X-E's have ton's of extra stuff like Gb LAN, SATA, ect,

As for OC'ing, With 333DDR and a LOCKED CPU, you won't get very far.

Back