• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with OCing My AMD Athlon XP 2400 Need help FAST

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Andy82

OK well i decided to start ocing my 2400xp right now i have the fsb to 200*11 which should equaly 2200 well when i start up my system it says AMD blah blah 1100, that cant be right. what am i doing wrong y is it reading at such a slow speed. I checked mbm5 and it also says that i am only running at 1094mhz which is slow, did i do something wrong. Thanks

ok nvm i have figured it out i guess you have to have the fsb there is a switch on my mobo to have it on off or on, i had it on off and it would set the fsb to 100, i guess you have to have it on "on". Well my oc is at 200*10.5 on a AMD Athlon Xp 2400+ desktop. I am getting 2600 speeds. i tried 10.5*210 but i couldnt get it there. SHould i do this though. I had it at 200*11 and that is at 2700+ speeds. SHould i try that and see if it is stable, i havent changed the voltage or anything yet either. WHat do you think about this.

Just try it and see what happens. Keep the stock volts and see how far you can go. If you fail just raise the volts a little bit, but take care not to fry the cpu. From my experience, the best way to learn is by doing. That doesn't mean that reading up isn't necessary though. A lot of people have been frying their a64's because they neglected to read that the max safe voltage is 1.65. However, your xp should handle volts higher then that as long as you can keep it cool. (Not sure exactly how much, but I think 1.9 or 2 is around the max.)

I think he doesn't have to worry since these motherboards only go up to 1.85vcore plus a 10% overvolt which will leave him at 1.9(at least that's what I get). By the way did you figure out how to get the "advanced" options in the bios?

Drop the multi if possible, ramp the FSB up as far as is stable (usually RAM or the like will hold back your FSB, if not the CPU) then take the multiplier as high as is stable. Watch your temps always, and only increase multi/FSB/Vcore bit by bit. Have fun :)

Back