• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I want to start watercooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cow2kie

I want to build a watercooling kit for my pc. I dont want it to be cooling the cpu as I have a mach1 on that. I would like for it to cool the NB and GPU. Could you please recommend which items i should get. (no tec's) Thanks in advance.

Lee

Well, NB blocks aren't in all that big of a supply. The DD will do you well there. As far as GPU blocks you have a much wider selection to choose from. Silverprop, Swiftech, PolarFlo and DD are good. Have you done your initial research on water-cooling so you have a solid idea of what you're getting into and how you want to do it? I'm not familiar with the Mach1, but I'm wondering why you don't want to WC your CPU as well. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a WC rig that didn't include the CPU in the loop. ;)

It_The_Cow said:
The first thing you should do when considering a WC setup is to lurk and learn as much about them as you can. The stickies on this forum are good, and the XS forums and Procooling forums will have a wealth of information as well.
I do read in the water cooling forums on oc.com and xfs. I cant fit a huge Rad Maybe 5 or 6 inches tall? Tubing size I dont know.

gpu + nb = little heat (relatively).

you'll have great temps with a 120mm radiator. for blocks you'd be fine with the maze4 series. for a pump (those blocks and a radiator have little restriction) you'll be fine with a small pump like the via1300. anything over that is overkill IMO.

I love dangerden.com personally :)

RedViper, mach1 = phase change cooling.
A lot of people with phase change have watercooling (usually with tecs) on their video card and/or nb.

Back