• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The how loud is your PC Poll

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

How loud is your computer?

• Over 50 dBa

Votes: 150 22.5%
  • 50 dBa

Votes: 44 6.6%
  • 45 dBa

Votes: 71 10.7%
  • 40 dBa

Votes: 112 16.8%
  • 35 dBa

Votes: 118 17.7%
  • 30 dBa

Votes: 111 16.7%
  • 25 dBa

Votes: 78 11.7%
  • Under 25 dBa

Votes: 74 11.1%
  • What the hell is a dBa

Votes: 62 9.3%

• Total voters
umm sss i thot u had the authority to make polls lol. well my pc is so loud i can hear it down a hallway and in my room far away. its jus 1 psu fan, 2 led loud *** fans, and a fast and loud 40mm slot 1 p3 hs cooler

daniel_dynasty said:
umm sss i thot u had the authority to make polls lol. well my pc is so loud i can hear it down a hallway and in my room far away. its jus 1 psu fan, 2 led loud *** fans, and a fast and loud 40mm slot 1 p3 hs cooler

I do have the authority just don't tell anyone, this way a hundred people per day don't ask me to make polls :sn:

Seriously, from the time I make the first post, hit Enter, then add the 10 Poll choices, people see the Post but not the Poll. Since I can't type to save my life, it takes a minute or so for the poll to show.

I voted 25 dBa since I use Rheostats on every fan, watercool, and on all critical components like the Radiator, I only use Sanyo Denki fans.

For 120mm Sanyo Denki's, I get them from this guy on Ebay HERE $25.90 shipped for 4

Try to get them cheaper than that, Some places sell them for $20+ each, and that's if you can find them ;)

Looks like I need to get a decibel meter :D

daniel_destiny: All Seniors and Mods can post polls.

DreamingWolf said:
What decibel level would the space shuttle taking off equal??? :-/

DWolf:cool:

I've been to several launches, it's pretty darn loud, roughly 200 dB, they spray 900,000 gallons of water per minute with the The Sound Suppression System so the shuttle and payload doesnt get damaged from acoustical energy.
25 miles away from the launch the sound levels from the launch are between 77-95db :eek:

Here's a couple pics from the last launch I went to, this is the closest you can get at the Vip area, a friend from Nasa got me VIP passes to this vantage point. (If you ever decide to go, make sure to go to a nightime launch if possible, they are amazing)

Attachments

• shuttle 2.JPG
    shuttle 2.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 633
  • shuttle 3.JPG
    shuttle 3.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 561
1 vantec tornado 92mm full blast with two silverstone 120mm at full blast..... has to be up near 150dba..... it's under my desk..... :p

the other system has 6 80mm ..... nice and quiet.

How Loud?

Depends which fan I am using... Right now, its just a radioshack cpu cooler, later today, when it gets hotter, I'll have to switch to my 112 Cfm (Advertised) cooling fan just to keep my 1.4Ghz stock TBird from going above 62 Celcius... Which is why I have ordered a pump, and will soon be picking up the other required parts for making my own water cooled machine... Also because I hate fans...

Just a guess of 40db. I have mostly 21db panaflo case fans but I have a lot of them (7) together with a SFII (at about 3/4 speed) and a 120 enermax (at lowest setting).

Not sure what it is in decibels, but its louder than I'd like. The PSU is the noisiest part. It has three settings - Auto/Silent/Turbo. Auto is medium noise, Silent is bearable, Turbo sounds like my PC is taking off!

Auto keeps my CPUs at 62C, so guess why I dont turn it down to silent... hehe

enduro said:
1 92 Tornado, 2 120mm Deltas, 3 80mm, two 40mm Deltas. Tornado is ducted to my cpu :attn: can you say power.

Can you show me how to do the duct?

Mine is somewhere between 25 and 30 dB, so I just voted for both of them. My backup machine isn't as loud, so I suppose 25dB or less for that one (although I didn't vote for that machine).

30dB low speed
45dB high speed

Those are only guesses, but I'm sure they are fairly accurate. My grill can't be heard untill my 120 is on high :p

Back