• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PLEASE HELP: show your genius

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

masterwoot

I have an extra A7V8X deluxe where the bios clears whenever the power supply is unplugged, or turned off.

New battery or new bios flashes don't help.

It's like the jumper secrectly goes into clear bios mode whenever the psu is turned off.

Any idea??

I had a motherboard where the CMOS chip itself had been damaged somehow. It would clear CMOS on every power down, and it would rapidly drain a CMOS battery. It was beyond my skill to fix it.

First, the A7V8X will not boot if the jumper is in the clear position.

Second, I repo's right. I've not found any bad battery connections (yet that would do it). I'm thinking something's fishy with the bios chip itself.

The issue has been fixed. I used various methods to flash the bios (as I thought that's where the issue was).
Using the Ctrl-F option on boot-up (or whatever it is), the bios flashed differently and worked!! I had tried what seemed to be the same program as the boot up option, even in conjuncture with the special commands, but had no good result.

I'm glad it worked though. The bios flash program that's built in did the trick. :) Strange, though, since I thought I had used the exact same program off a floppy.

Back