• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Way to test video card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

everx

Registered
i was interested to know if there is any program out there that would test the vram for minor faults in the ram or calculations of the GPU like there is with prime95 or memtest86 for the cpu and mainboard ram. Part of the reason id like to know is because rarely my game will freeze up for a minute then come back but the graphics will be all blocky, and it requires a complete system reboot before it works without having tons of artifacts across the screen. The big problem is that its a rare occourance but it has happened to multiple games i have played, and id just like to know so i can say for sure its my card and that i will send it in for a replacement.
Thanks

i'm not aware of any.... most people use a variety of programs to test gpus including 3dmark03 and aquamark3.... If someone knows of such a tool please let me know also..... :)

anyone want to confirm whether or not the ati-tool damages videocards? is this just a myth or people just not knowing how to use it? .... i've seen this on a few forums......

Back