• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 messed up?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tom_ed1987

prime95%20bust.png

it has been running for almost 3 hours, and hasnt completed that one test but no errors/warnings. does this mean my cpu's unstable and it did fail, or that prime95 has just gone bust?

what CPU do you have? it usually takes only a few seconds to fail on that first one. Could it be that prime had been running with 0 priority?

if its the cpu in your sig, then something is wrong with either prime or the windows priority setting. if it doesnt fail the test, it should be completed in a few minutes.

Last edited:
thats the thing though its not just sitting there doing "nothing" its still working as temps stay high and comp laggs etc. i thought maybe prime just wasnt updating the screen for whatever reason. gonna reinstall.

i believe its a p95 problem and not a hardware problem. i'll try to figure it out later after work.

hey tom make sure you have nothing running during prime and i heard you might have to change priority too. sorry for all these dp's

hey

by nothing running should i boot into safe mode? or just close all open windows.

ill try changing the priority later see if that helps, thanks

tom_ed1987 said:
hey

by nothing running should i boot into safe mode? or just close all open windows.

ill try changing the priority later see if that helps, thanks

Is your hard drive running when prime starts? Like, when you press torture test, does your hard drive start working? If thats whats happening you have assigned to much ram for prime95 and windows is working the pagefile to compensate. you must lower your ram settings for prime95

yer it does, but only on the blend test. i thought that was the idea to make it use as much ram as possible, to get a better stress.

and the priority changing didnt help. ill try lowering said ram used.

hey

i set the min FFT to 2048, ram to 512mb, and set FSB to 200, and its now working like it did. i reckon it was unstable at what i had it at.

tom_ed1987 said:
hey

i set the min FFT to 2048, ram to 512mb, and set FSB to 200, and its now working like it did. i reckon it was unstable at what i had it at.

Just set the ram lower and you should be able to prime, if it still errors your clocks are too high.

Back