• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCI X and Socket T HERE??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The Abit AA8 925x mobo is available from ZipZoomFly now. The LGA775 processors have been available for awhile now from many places. And the X600's are also available many places.

Good to see things are starting to appear.

You can throw darts at a calendar blindfolded, thats gonna give a date that is as good as anything someone is gonna tell you.

If you feel the need, then upgrade.

There is always something better, whether its computers, cars or women, the next day after they attach that chain, out of the woodwork comes all the stuff you think your gonna miss.

ITs gonna be a full upgrade Mobo+PCI X Vid Card+Ram+Socket T Cpu..i jus want the prices to drop down a bit u know..and for more veriety in mobo's+ vid cards.

Well since you are in the mood to wait, I would wait until atleast the dual x16x4 boards are out, then atleast you would have the option to SLI. Since you are going Intel, that should happen by then. And the 1066fsb should be out then as well.

Anddddddddd it should be 64bit ready then too.

darthdana said:
Well since you are in the mood to wait, I would wait until atleast the dual x16x4 boards are out, then atleast you would have the option to SLI. Since you are going Intel, that should happen by then. And the 1066fsb should be out then as well.

Anddddddddd it should be 64bit ready then too.
I thought intel announced 64 bit (nemcova err whatever) wasn't coming out for awhile. Not everyone can afford SLI. The things holding me back from upgrading to this platform are the lack of good cards (x600 is 9600) and DDRII memory, which is really expensive (300 for gig? please.......). I say a month when the good pci express cards come out (6800,x800) would be a good time to upgrade. The 925s are pretty expensive right now too (180). I dont know what to do. I need to upgrade but this stuff is making it difficult. I pray they make a 925x with ddr support.

PLease correct your terminology

PCI X - is a PCI slot mainly found in server motheroards running @ 66mhz or 133mhz PCIe is the new slot to replace PCI / AGP

:D

Sorry, just creates less confusion.

P.S - did intel fix the 915 / 926 ICH6 problems that they recalled all mobo's with this chipset in them?

Yes Intel has fixed the southbridge problems, hence the recall. Boards are starting to appear now.

Oh, and there won't be any 925x boards with DDR support. 915P can support DDR, so you'll find some mobos with that chipset and DDR support, such as the Abit AG8.

I'm also planning a major upgrade like that. I'm waiting on the nForce 4 boards to come out. Then I'm switching over to AMD and getting a A64 socket 939. nForce 4 will have two PCI-E 16x slots and I'll be purchasing one GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E. Then later on, when I start to lag a bit at new games, I'll buy another and SLI'em. Yes... my plan is flawless... ;)

Murp said:
I'm also planning a major upgrade like that. I'm waiting on the nForce 4 boards to come out. Then I'm switching over to AMD and getting a A64 socket 939. nForce 4 will have two PCI-E 16x slots and I'll be purchasing one GeForce 6800 GT PCI-E. Then later on, when I start to lag a bit at new games, I'll buy another and SLI'em. Yes... my plan is flawless... ;)
Could be flawed

Wnen is n4 supposed to come out? Soon or next year? who knows - game next year may be able to eat a 6800 GT for breakfast - which means eveb 2 of them could have trouble

but that is a worse worse case scenario

if anything get 2 ULTRAS :D

Back