• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows GUI Problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

falltime

Registered
I just recently noticed something very strange about MY Windows interface - the performance is horrid. I can't think if a single reason why it is.. i mean all of my components are certainly capable of handling the 2D Windows XP Interface. For example: Whenever I minimize or maximize a window (the Visual effects settings are set to best appearance, so they animate up and down) my computer locks up (like the cursor won't move) for a brief moment until the window finishes the minimize/maximize animation. I've also noticed that in the Screen Saver control panel, the screen saver preview display (you know.. the little virtual computer monitor that shows a very tiny example of the screen saver) is VERY choppy. It also locks-up briefly when i attempt to access the Advanced display settings. If anyone else has ever observed this strange problems PLEASE respond to this.

Thanks so much,
Adam

Hi - first thing I would check would be video card related issues.

Do you have the most up to date drivers? Are they the correct drivers for your card? Is the card working correctly and not damaged or overheating?

Yeah, everythings fine. I DID flash it to XT, but as far as I could remember, I was having these problems before. I mean games run perfectly, never had a problem. It just happens to be something with the Windows interface.

falltime said:
Yeah, everythings fine. I DID flash it to XT, but as far as I could remember, I was having these problems before. I mean games run perfectly, never had a problem. It just happens to be something with the Windows interface.

Is the card overclocked as well? It may well be that flashing the card to XT is causing these issues. I'm not entirely sure.

Back