• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crucial Balistix

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jimmy53

Hi my name is James and I am a RAMaholic.

Here's my take on this memory (which I am buying right now). It runs 400
2-2-2-11 @ 2.8 and it costs $100 less than other RAM that runs at similar spec (albeit lower voltage).

ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS.

It probably won't be as overclockable but it's the best RAM I have seen for the buck in a long time. Somebody pinch me if I am dreaming!

Buying that RAM is a wise decision. Crucial is using re-vamped -5BC for their lineup. -5BC is the RAM found in OCz's Enhanced Bandwith.

I am using that RAM in my sig. If you didnt know already, Crucial is a division of Micron, the maker of the RAM.

In practice -5BC does near PC4000 speeds using 3-2-2-11 (starting with CAS latency) and slightly above PC4000 using 3-2-3-11

-5BC is very similar to BH5 in all reguards except heat output. Unlike BH5, this RAM heats up alot! It would be wise to not put a heatspreader on them, but actual RAM sinks. They produce enough heat to warrent the expense.

<Im not joking my runs near 60c* on load>

Back