• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EL-Metroid

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Negator

Registered
Hey, OC Case modder crew! I did this mod about a month ago and I still like how it turned out. I cut a window into my Antec side panel into the shape of a metroid from the game. It turned out well and I have attatched the plexiglass with epoxy to the panel and everything works just great.

DSCF0111.JPG

DSCF0114.JPG

I thought even though it's pretty neat, it's still a little bland. So I went shopping at Xoxide.com for some EL wire. I saw some green and red EL wire for sale and thought I'd spice up the window a bit with some neat lights. I was talking to one of my friends, Blue Wolf on these forums, and he told me that it's possible to solder the wire into a Y shape, but I couldn't have the wire connect to itself, or else i would create a closed circuit. after some planning I made a very rough/crappy sketch of what I should do with the EL Wire. I'll keep you all informed about the project and any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• metroid-big1.JPG
    metroid-big1.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
why u linking him to the classifieds? he doesnt have 100 posts yet.

nice work on the case! keep us updated with pics, id liek to see how the el wire comes out.

CrystalMethod said:
Cool! Just wondering why you felt it necessary to include the prices for what you paid for the system. If you want to sell it, the classifieds are HERE.

I think it's more of an attempt at bragging.

Cool mod though, I think it would look cool with some sound sensitive El Wire.(Does that even exist?)

I copied/pasted it from another forum, and was too lazy to take out the prices.

I sleeved my PSU and cleaned up the cables, I'll try to get pics soon.

I spent a lot of time on this, maximizing cooling efficiency and making it look decent.
I also decided to scrap the inside red EL wire idea because I learned more about the process and it seemed long and complicated, and generally not worth the trouble.

Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.

[EDIT]
Ahh crap, I forgot to take pictures of the two Cold Cathodes in action :/
Oh well....next time.

front.JPG

guts.JPG

guts2.JPG

light1.JPG

light2.JPG

mouse.JPG

setup.JPG

side.JPG

side2.JPG