• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How many people use head phones (mic) for games?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tikki50

Registered
Im curious how many people actually use headphones when playing games like UT2004. I myself went and purchased a set so I could communicate with other players easier. I found that less than 10% of the users actually even used this awsome feature. Once I realized that UT2004 could do this I had to try it and it only made me more addicted to playing it. I now must moderate how much I play ONS. If you get with a group that uses mics to communicate you can really dominate the maps. :attn: HEHE....

I like to use mics in all games I play.. it's just more fun, and far easier to communicate. It can be the advantage you need to win in many cases.

Yep, mics pwn j00. There isn't a better way to strategize on the fly in multiplayer games imo. We use mics in every game we play over @ [OCG]... actually, if you're interested in becoming a member in our clan, having a mic/headset is sort of a prerequisite.

I use my headset for everything now. I bought a high quality one so I could get good audio quality not just the ability to communicate easier.

Wow these replies almost make it seem like my estimation is incorrect.

Yellowdart I havent joined a clan yet but I would be interested in doing so. I've been playing q3 and ut for years but for some reason (probably girlfriend related) I havent joined one.

What do I have to do pass a test :)

BTW- when you use a headset do you still use your main speakers or just the headset. Seems like if you try using the main speakers you get distortion back through the mic.

Me and my friend always use mics when we game so we can coordinate attacks (or cheat in euchre hehe).

Well if your asking about headsets.... I use them for FPS games and speakers for other games like NWN ect.....

If your asking about mics..... I use mine when I am on TS with buddies. I dont use the mic or listen in UT2k4 I have found nothing but little punks just yelling and talking smack all the time.

I us my mic in Novalogic's Black Hawk Down all the time makes the game so much better and yes very addictive..... never used it for any other games but I plan trying it out for UT2004... as I just got it last weekend.

mmmm using headsets in CS everyone thinks you cheat :S

i seldom use the mic but the pinpoint accuracy of where is enemy is, offers such a large advantage

HEADSETS ALL THE WAY .... though mine were only 15 bux

Can anyone recommend a decent headset that doesn't cost a lot? Just the basic headset, I dont need any fancy bells and whistles.

i have headphones and a separate mic. had the plantronics audio 90 before, but the mic died, so it was quite useless...
i always use teamspeak when playing with my clan mates.

gingo said:
Can anyone recommend a decent headset that doesn't cost a lot? Just the basic headset, I dont need any fancy bells and whistles.

This maybe more than you want to spend , but its an XINT headsetset and recommended by many OC and [OCG] members (Sennheiser PC150) . The Sennheiser PC150's are onsale at Amazon.com for about $35 w/free ship and no tax . This beats Newegg price $56+$4 ship (and tax for some peeps) . LINKY

I just purchased a set to use for our [OCG]BF:V clan and could not be happier with my purchase . Highly recommend .

Last edited:
34$ :eek: wow i would get two if they would be available for that price over here :drool:
serious, dont look any further, get that headset! for that price its unbeatable.

stereo555 said:
This maybe more than you want to spend , but its an XINT headsetset and recommended by many OC and [OCG] members (Sennheiser PC150) . The Sennheiser PC150's are onsale at Amazon.com for about $35 w/free ship and no tax . This beats Newegg price $56+$4 ship (and tax for some peeps) . LINKY

I just purchased a set to use for our [OCG]BF:V clan and could not be happier with my purchase . Highly recommend .

the senn150's + BF:V + teamspeak = death from the sky!!!!!!!!111one

I highly recamend this headset as I'm using it in the [OCG]BF:V clan, and think it's great.
my hat's off to maxvla who originaly recammended it to me.

and I'm glad to hear that stereo555 finaly got the headset too....we're gona kick some major butty now that we have this.

mica

Back