• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A7M266 -> 1,33 Ghz Athlon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oneiron

My question to you is how to best overclock my compy? As you know it is impossible to change the clock multiplier on the mobo I have... (Asus A7M266) so I have to adjust the FSB in 1 MHz increments to get more juice. I have jacked it up to 1,45 GHz without messing with the voltage, but this is allso as high as I get. If I jack it up anymore Windows freeze up, and I have to reboot. Any solutions? (my temp is 41C during heavy working at 1,45 MHZ, so the temperature is no problem.)
Another thing: what is the best configuration for my DDR ram in BIOS? So far I have not messed with those, but if any of you have any ideas to get a little bit more juice out of my DDR RAM it would be great!

Lastly: My Matrox card is only running at 1x AGP. How do I get it up to 2x or 4x?

I'm currently running Windows 2000.

First off, welcome to the forums.

Your temps look good. You can try upping the voltage to try and get more juice out of it but be very wary of your temps as they will go up too. So far so good it looks like.

There is a product I was informed of here called the golden socket. It allows you to adjust the multiplier on boards that don't support this function. Check here:

http://www.plycon.com/goldsock.htm

Good luck and keep on clockin'

thx for the reply Jester! Maybe I'll try that... for now I'm looking for a little something that can tell me the CPU temp while in Windows 2000 thou. any suggestions anyone?

Back