• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone know the answer to this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tjr1973

What's the difference between the X800Pro DVI and the X800Pro VIVO? I know the ram is different on the VIVO and you can supposedly mod it to 16 pipes unlike it's DVI brother, but what else is different between them. There is a Sapphire X800Pro VIVO at zipzoomfly in stock right now. It's a bulk product and more expensive then the retail DVI they have. http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produ...ductCode=320803 I have the DVI card and it seems to work just fine. I didn't plan on hardmodding it anyways.

The X800 Pro has 2.0ns ram and the gpu has been laser cut to eliminate 4 pipelines, it must be hardmodded and bios flashed to enable the other 4 pipelines and it seems this mod is hit and miss. The X800 Pro VIVO has 1.6ns ram and as of date doesn't have a laser cut on the gpu, these cards can be presently softmodded to a X800 XT with a bios flash although they tend not to hit true XT clocksas it is assumed that they are really X800 XT cards that didnt quite qualify to make it as a full fledged XT model. The VIVO model is the best buy of the 2 because it has faster ram and is easily modded to enable the last 4 pipelines as well as being capable of video in.

Back