• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best tv tuner card for under $75

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xtreme404

Hey guys, anyone have some recommendations for a good tv tuner car for under $75. I was looking at the ATI's and the Hauppauge but any others would be fine.

THanks!

The Ati tuner isnt very good. I had a happauge and I didnt like it. I have a leadtech(leadtek?) one and im happy. Dont remember the exact model, but it was $45 on newegg and it had deluxe in its name. Ill check later. Anyway good software and it has a remote and 2 inputs.

Check online. Odds are you can find one of the newer TV tuners with the CX2xxxx chips as opposed to the older BT8x8 chips, and for under $75. ASUS makes one, as I recall. The CX2xxxx chips have 10-bit ADCs, so the color is a bit better than it is on the BT848/878-based tuners.

Make sure whichever one you get has stereo.

You need to be careful. About 6 months ago I got one of the newer chips that Falcon's talking about on a pretty well-reviewed board.

The software package just wouldn't do what I wanted. And I had paid like $75 for the card. So I paid the restocking fee and got one of these:
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-132&depa=0

Leadtek PCI TV/FM Tuner Card, REMOTE, Model "WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe" -RETAIL

It seems to be the card that just about everybody gets.

The quality is good, and it is flexible with compression. It lets you use any codec you want, has a decent remote, and records pretty well. One of the best features is the interconnectivity with titantv.com--this gives you your local tv schedule and with one click you can schedule to record. Just remember to buy extra storage. I've got 320 gb in hard drives now (see sig). My PVR just can't get enough!

Im using the Leadtek WinFast TV2000 XP Deluxe

works well for me costing around $85 australian dollars so i shud be around teh 65-70 dollar mark in teh US

good card though just have to install the drivers before doing software ... or it corrupts windows :S(never the less still a good card)

It's $42 over here from newegg with free shipping. :) One of the nice things about the States is that we have killer hardware prices!

yes you do, damn you :(
:p

Edit::
Yeah, that leadtek card costs like $115 over here in NZ. :(

Back