• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Rig Cooling Mods

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Airbornederekc

well i just finished (for now) putting a bunch of cooling things into action. here are some pics please any ideas, suggestions or complaints are welcome

Attachments

• northbride lap.jpg
    northbride lap.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 208
  • PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 209
  • P1010620.JPG
    P1010620.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 210
  • P1010621.JPG
    P1010621.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 187
  • P1010622.JPG
    P1010622.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 191
Quite saxy! :) Good job all around. What kinda case is that btw? Doesn't look familiar (though I'm probably jsut being lame and not recognizing it :-/).

*EDIT* Doh.... stupid me, it's in your sig. haha :beer:

Looks very good! Is it loud? it looks like you've got quite a few fans in there. Also, nice sleeving job, but you may want to hide some of the wires you're not using behind the motherboard tray or in an extra drive cage or something because all the extra wires make the case look a little messy.

Its a "Black X-SuperAlien Turbo Case w/500W Modded Power Supply" the i got from frozencpu. i cut the fan grills and used my dremel to put an extra fan in the window. i i'll try to see if i can get those wires behind the mobo. and its actually not that loud at all.

Your sleeving is sexy, but your overall wiring job isn't spectacular... Try to tidy up the wires, it looks like they're into your airflow too much atm... :-/

I like the double fan on the CPU. :)

I'd reccommend you to get that 50/60MM off of your NB.
They do nothing more the generate noise, fans like that hardly cool anything.
Try and fit a decent fan on it with a custom duct if you can. :thup:

For the rest, I like the case! :attn:

Very shiny lap job! And the PSU looks nice also, I just hope you didn't fry anything when you plugged it in the first time. It looks like you have the ground and +5 reversed on one of the molex connectors... see attached image.

Attachments

• PSU.jpg
    PSU.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 217
Can you push your OC further, i woulda thought with all that cooling and ddr 4000 ram you could hit a lot higher than 3.4, i managed 3.4 with this god awfull apacer ram

Do you get stability issues after 227 fsb or are you happy with 3.4???

that was a good eye on the molex connector but its just twisted in the pic. i just checked all my molex connectors. the double fan ont he cpu is actually just one enermax fan sitting on top of another hollowed out 92 mm fan to remove the dead spot. and im currently at 3.5 and prime stable for 5 hours. i been held back recently cuz my 250 gig sata drive just crapped out. so i gotta RMA that. i want to get to 3.6 but imma stay here for now untill my as3 settles in and then maby later i'll bump it up

as far as the northbridge fan goes its a 40mm and it prolly dont do much but its noiseless so it cant hurt. and im cramped for space so i cant put a bigger one on it

looks great! was wondering... how do you like the zalman? i know the vga silencers are around the corner but the surface area on that thing can't be ignored especially when you have good airflow. does you gfx card monitor temps? did you see an improvement? how much did it help your overclock? nice job!

duuuuuuuuuuuude! how did you get 4 clips on that NB sink? i need to do that bad, i just ruined my mobo because it only has 2 clips holding it down.

what kinda mobo u got? it should fit. just play with it see if anything lines up. the zalman is cool i cant push the card right now cuz i have a 256Mb card and they only got enough ramsinks for a 128 so i gotta order more.

I have an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe. It has the 4 loops on the mobo, and I have the same sink that you do, but mine came with only 2 hooks, not 4. Did you put the other 2 on or did it come like that?

the heatsink i got came with the 4 hooks. sorry looks like ur missin one. call swiftech. maby they hook ya up.

as far as it lookin dirty i cleaned it up some. i also rearranged the cables like u guys said and i added the other window fan right above my ram.

i finally got my new raptor hdd to work. so now imma see what this baby can do. here are pics of window and the wiring

Attachments

• P1010627.JPG
    P1010627.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 54
  • P1010626.JPG
    P1010626.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 49
Airbornederekc said:
the heatsink i got came with the 4 hooks. sorry looks like ur missin one. call swiftech. maby they hook ya up.

as far as it lookin dirty i cleaned it up some. i also rearranged the cables like u guys said and i added the other window fan right above my ram.

i finally got my new raptor hdd to work. so now imma see what this baby can do. here are pics of window and the wiring

i think i bought mine when they still had 2. i remember now hearing about them putting on 4. i wish i could get one with 4 now, 2 just doesnt keep it on there tight enough.

Back