• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I tried and tried to search the forums...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperTrooper

Registered
....but literally every search I did came up 0 matches. In any event, I am building my first case and going with fan cooling. I will have a total of 7 fans, 4 of which I need to still buy. I have read on several brands that a lot of you use. My biggest questions is this...which are more quiet? What is a good # of cfms for a fan to be moving? Thank you in advance for any help...

Jayson

What size fans? In 80mm, you have the Vantec Silent fans = 35cfm, Panaflo, and other asst flavors. In 120mm there again are Panaflos,Evercool,Antec,and Delta. Most 120mm go from 50-120cfm with a db of 28-54db.
I personally would think that 50cfm is more than enough air flow. That is 50cfm in and 50cfm out. As far as quiet goes, Panaflos, Vantec Stealth, and Evercool 120mm M-series are quietest. All below 34db at max speed.

Welcome to the FORUMS and enjoy da stay.

I do plan to install a fan controller. I have found some threads on those as well? However, I am always open to suggestions? As far as "grids go" are you talking about the piece of the case with holes punched out? Remove those? It makes sense if that is infact what your suggesting I do. Thanks again.

Yes, Those are the pesky critters I'm referring to..See the Modding Xaser III thread for details in removal of fan grids and other ideas and mod's to give you better cooling..
Keep your flow up & temps down,:cool:

Back