• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Permedia 2v freebie

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

I know this is an ancient card from back in the riva voodoo days, but I was given an agp version of the 3dlabs permedia 2v and was wondering if it is a good card for old games like quake2, and duke nukem 3d.
I have already dl'ed the driver, but I ain't pulling my gf fx just to satisfy my curiosity...don't have a spare mobo with an agp slot to try it on either.
I remember an ad for the permedia3 in an old windows magazine, but it was years ago.
Any input pro or con will be most apreciated :)

It could probably play Duke Nukem 3d well enough, but I doubt it would give you very good fps in Quake2, or anything similar to that. The Permedia 2v Chipset, from what I can remember, was a good CAD/OpenGL Card with Good 2D performance for its time, and wasn't really used for playing Games. I also remember the hype that Permedia 3 got, especially in terms of gaming, I guess that didn't pan out very well.... ;)

Here's an link with a review of Permedia 2 based cards compared with other cards from the same period (I'm assuming Permedia 2 is basically equivalent to Permedia 2v).

http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/19980121/index.html

DocClock aka MadClocker said:
I know this is an ancient card from back in the riva voodoo days, but I was given an agp version of the 3dlabs permedia 2v and was wondering if it is a good card for old games like quake2, and duke nukem 3d.
I have already dl'ed the driver, but I ain't pulling my gf fx just to satisfy my curiosity...don't have a spare mobo with an agp slot to try it on either.
I remember an ad for the permedia3 in an old windows magazine, but it was years ago.
Any input pro or con will be most apreciated :)

Of course it's probably fine with Duke Nukem 3D, because it's a DOS32 game. LOL.

Back