• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade video by putting a heat generator in your case...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

a c i d.f l y

...that's what I did. And by "heat generator", I mean a Radeon 9800pro. After running about 5 runs of 3d mark -- load temps are about 5°C higher... ahhhh... I have the Arctic Silencer 3 installed with AS ceramique, cut up a blue heatsink for the ram... yeah.. I need to get some double AA batteries to take some new pics. :)

...ordered my 270cfm 172mm AC fan last night. :D

...ahhh, what am I complaining for -- I had an MX440 before this!!!

-Frank

look at it this way.

when winter hits, your room will be nice and compy!!!

so you can heat your room, while playing games at the same time, without using an extra outlet!

Computers+summer = bad

computers+Winger = ahhh, perfect just the way i like it!

oh....well then......

sounds like bad news for you i guess. unless you have the hot air blow out of the computer, like blowing onto some food, to keep it warm....

i live in ohio, winter gets pretty cold around here. cold enough to have snow at least.

zexmarquies01 said:
have the hot air blow out of the computer, like blowing onto some food, to keep it warm....

Wow....that's one of the most brilliant idea's I've ever heard! *gets super good idea*

Fan filters don't stop all the dust.
They let through the most unhealthy/thin dust there is...
Have fun poisoning yourself. :p

I'd recommend the radiator of a P4 prescott watercooling as food warmer... I think thats what they aimed for at intel. :rolleyes:

w00p said:
I'd recommend the radiator of a P4 prescott watercooling as food warmer... I think thats what they aimed for at intel. :rolleyes:

Ah. They were looking at multitasking in a new light.

So that's what the oven mit was for in the AMD marketing kit, not handling prescott, but for cooking dinner on those lonely nights of gaming!!! OMG THANX INTEL!

Strages said:
So that's what the oven mit was for in the AMD marketing kit, not handling prescott, but for cooking dinner on those lonely nights of gaming!!! OMG THANX INTEL!

So let me get this straight: You're going to take food, with an oven mit and a Prescott, and cook it? "That's right Strages." Omg, I have to see this!!

-Frank

God, look what i have started. hehe.

You could take a potato, and just sit it on top of your video card. give it some time, and BAM baked potato! mmmmm baked potato :drool:

Back