• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6800 GT Over-Clock poll...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PNY 6800GT, bought from C-USA

414 | 590 (1180mhz DDR)

Rock solid, no artifracts on stock cooling

Last edited:
Sentential said:
PNY 6800GT, bought from C-USA

420 | 590 (1180mhz DDR)

Rock solid, no artifracts on stock cooling

nice to hear that. i just picked up the PNY for $350 shipped (backordered, but should ship last week of this month).

DarkMatter13 said:
eVGA GeForce 6800 GT
running day and night 420/575(1150DDR)MHz
stock everything

why are you still running at stock system speeds when OCing your card?

have you tryed the 5:4 memory ratio as I sugjested for you yet?
I see, 230fsb-250fsb for you with a 5:4 ratio.

or is it the vid card holding back your system OC?

mica

Mica, I'm not running stock system speeds. CPU overclocked, but RAM underclocked. As I had mentioned, the system stopped running at 250 FSB which is what I had been using. I have 230 FSB right now, but that leaves me with 184MHz DDR base frequency for the RAM at 5:4. The RAM doesn't like anything beyond 210MHz at 1:1 and I like to keep tight timings on RAM.

I have a BFG 6800 GT
The core is stable up to ~425 and the memory I have had up to 1.14 without any problems. I haven't put the memory up higher to see how much further it can still go.
Stock cooling.

I'm using the 61.72's. I just downloaded them cuz they are WHQL certified (I think). What is the best driver set to use?

Flashfx2 said:
I'm using the 61.72's. I just downloaded them cuz they are WHQL certified (I think). What is the best driver set to use?

the one that gives you the best performance, of course. :)

i'll be getting mine the first week of August, if all goes well.

Or the ones that'll run your apps. The 61.11's are the only set I've found that will run FarCry for me without locking up. The 61.72's locked up. That being the most graphically advanced game available at this time is what i use to test the drivers.

NewEgg just emailed notification that they had the EVGA utlra's in stock, although they might be gone by now. Of course, they had a hefty $90 mark-up, $589!!!

lament said:
the one that gives you the best performance, of course. :)

i'll be getting mine the first week of August, if all goes well.
But I'm lazy, I like to have other people do the benchmarking ;)

coldfusion71 said:
my evga gt is good up to 440 1250 now. i play games at 420 1225 no artifacting at all.i am also using the 62.11s with no probles at all.

What are you cooling with ? That's a very high core clock. I'd be carefull of burnout....

Dragonprince said:
What are you cooling with ? That's a very high core clock. I'd be carefull of burnout....
My ultra auto clocked to 443/1.13. the Extremes by evga or select boards that 'l carry the 450 clock speed on stock cooling, so it's quite possible other vendor's cards are capable of the same core speeds with stock cooling.

Back