• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else looking forward to d3 multi?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuzzy

I've heard a lot of people looking forward to the storyline and single player mode, but not so many for the multiplayer. personaly i can't wait. i have always loved id software's games for thier multiplayer. i was at one point in my life a complete quake2 addict. i hope doom3's gameplay is similar. we all know the graphics are gonna be kick ***, i just hope they pull through on the muliplayer part. comments?

I hope it's good. The single player mode looks good and the story line seems solid. Multiplayer is a big must for me because if I beat it, I won't be able to replay it again. I get bored quickly with singleplayer games.

The idea for me that I am looking forward to in multiplayer is berserk. From what I've heard when a player gets berserk their character starts screaming and their head starts on fire. I think that would be freakin sweet. Once I hear the scream or see the flames I'd probably start wetting my pants. It would make me nice and paranoid, just like single player :)

CircuitBreaker8 said:
I didnt even know doom 3 had MP, that would be cool though. I hope they release some mod tools and stuff.
FYI, when it is released it will only support 4 players... They said mod teams could make it support more though (they never gave a limit that I know of).

Well, I don't know if I'd say "looking forward to..." I think I'd put it more along the lines of "eagerly anticipating..." the Doom 3 multiplayer. :p

I agree with shuzzy on the ID games multiplayer, when I started playing quake2 you couldnt drag me away from the comp, but 4 players?.....sigh

Like AK50, im not very good at replaying games, the multiplay better be good. In fact, i probably wont buy it, unless it has good multiplay reported.

Anyways, my friends for sure to buy it, so i can just borrow it for singleplay :D

ID & FPS multiplayer should pretty much be the same word....Q2 and 3 where like the best online fps's ever madei n the history of the universe.

Well you guys shouldn't worry because I heard Quake 4 was going to be based on the Doom3 engine. I would find a link, but it's 2am.

Meh, while there will be some mods in time that will increase the player count I'm looking so much further to the crap your pants-tastic singleplayer game. No doubt the real multiplay jewel will be quake 4 that is supposed to be using doom3 tech. Too bad it's still a few years out.

I think the maps will be designed for only 4 players, but it will be possible to play with more cuz the engine is not limited to 4. Too bad Quake 4 will use the same engine, I would have loved to see that game getting a whole new engine, but I heard ID is working on something different, other than Quake, Doom and Wolf.

i doubt the multiplay will be limited to 4 players. like all other id games, there will prolly be tons of mods. and mods are the best part of online play anyways, in my opinion. quake 4 will be sweeeeeeet. :drool:

personaly im looking forward to both of them. but i just love id software games. god only knows when hl2 will come out now.

Shuzzy said:
personaly im looking forward to both of them. but i just love id software games. god only knows when hl2 will come out now.

Mybe this time next year we will be playing HL2. ;)

After beating the game in sp, I MUST have multi. There is no other choice in the matter. Someone get busy making maps and such when it's released so I can keep my sanity. :)

Miralcos said:
After beating the game in sp, I MUST have multi. There is no other choice in the matter. Someone get busy making maps and such when it's released so I can keep my sanity. :)

You got it already?!?!? It's not out till 8/3... where'd you get it??? And if it's the alpha... plz drop the discussion of it, it's against forum policy. ;)

^^ ithink he was simply stating that with any game - onc you finish single player - it has to have multi! so you can truely test out your skills.

I am like that - often if a game does not have multi - i wont even buy it!

(ps - to hold you off till HL2 get Nova Logis Joint opterations typhoon rising! 150 person multiplayer! - why can ID learn from NOva Logic :D 150 people!!!

i dunno, 149 people charging at me all at the same time...

Can just imagine the stuttering visuals now ;)

Though, it would be nice with that many people, could have real good battles going on.

Back