• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

quantum computing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

how close do you think we are? I've heard a few things, one is that the government and a few big universites have built half the gates we need, 'n that once it's done we'll have what we think of as an unusable amount of processing power. I've heard that(in relation to, but maybe not the same thing) that therse yes no maybe programming involved, which will allow for programs to run faster and solve problems we couldn't. just wondering what you guys know about this all

The main problem at the moment is working with a certain number of Quibits or in other words harnessing the power or Atoms and Molecules ...

Right now the most powerfull Quantum PC has only about 8 Quibits working it. It might be 20 I forgot. (That's about the power of one of those old TI calculators from the 60's) If they get up to around 200 Quibits then they could easily model every atom in our sun in real time.

If you want to read about it here is a link...Click Here to learn all about Quatum PCs and make your brain explode

TommyHolly said:
A HowStuffWorks.com article that makes the brain explode? Surely you jest! *goes off to read*

<this space reserved for results of brain-explody experiment ;)>
EDIT: Nope, the brain hasn't exploded. I highy reccomend this article, even to those who's brains are prone to spontanious explosion :)

JigPu

Last edited:
My brain exploded when I tried to simulate, in my head, the real time calculations and the interactions of every atom in our sun without using a Quantum PC.

newbienerd said:
cool!!!!! I'm excited! anyone know anything about hex computing? instead of binary? I heard something about that...

You are probably mixed up. Hex is already used ALOT in binary computers because it makes for a really good shorthand of binary.

Back