• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nvidia Chipsets and GFX cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

@/2ct!<

I seem to recall a rumor that either ati cards performed poorly on a NF3 chipset or nvidia cards perform better with it? Either way, does anyone have any information on chipset optimizations for certain cards, could help influence my buying decision of GT vs. Pro, so hard to decide.

I havnt heard any of this. I do know that my 9700 performs better on the nForce3 than it did on my nForce2. On the nf2 I had a barton at 2.5ghz, and with the nf3 I have a stock 2800+(1.8ghz).

i know that Nvidia tweak their referance MBs to perform better with Nvidia Cards, but not the normal motherboards....

I would think that would be the case as Nvidia makes the nforce boards so they probably give manufacturers a little "revision" that might boost the performance of their gfx cards. Yeah it might be "cheating," but its not like there is really any specified rules or laws. If nvidias gfx cards seemed to work better on nf3 than ati's, nvidia could always make some b.s. explanation (if ati had a mobo and if their gfx performed better I am sure they would do the same).

Back