• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No boot with GF4 440MX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hi,

Just put a Radeon 9600 in my neighbors machine, and he gave me his old card a GF4 440MX 64mb. Which I want to put in my second rig in place of the GF2.

It boots fine with the GF2 in it. But when I put the GF4 in it, there will be no image on the screen it just stays in standby mode.
The GF4 came from a HP machine, it worked fine in the original machine.

This is annoying, please help me.

Have you tried changing the AGP settings in the CMOS? I would first try to reset them to defaults if they have been altered.

Does the POST screen display ok? If so, it may be that you have your screen set to a refresh rate that the new card won't support. Try hitting F8 as you boot into Windows, and choose VGA Mode; and drop your resolution down and reboot.

If you have no display even at post, make sure the card is clean, and resinsert it in the AGP slot. If it is set to AGP 2x in the CMOS settings, try 4x. If it is set to 4x, try 2x.

No I cannot get a POST screen, so I can't edit anything.

I'll try that tommorow.

Back